Pitching instructors stealing money from parents and kids.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I can only imagine how frustrated you must be. Our park had a "pitching guru" to come and try to instruct our pitchers on mechanics the other night. Guess what he was teaching? Hand on top the ball push down and finish with elbow to catcher with a "wrist pop" whatever that means. My DD told him " I dont pitch like that" he replies "well you will tonight" she responds "no I won't" He then tells her "fine lets see how you pitch"

After one pitch he says " fine, you can pitch your way"

Haven't seen the guy since. :)

Oct 22, 2009
I can only imagine how frustrated you must be. Our park had a "pitching guru" to come and try to instruct our pitchers on mechanics the other night. Guess what he was teaching? Hand on top the ball push down and finish with elbow to catcher with a "wrist pop" whatever that means. My DD told him " I dont pitch like that" he replies "well you will tonight" she responds "no I won't" He then tells her "fine lets see how you pitch"

After one pitch he says " fine, you can pitch your way"

Haven't seen the guy since. :)

That's too funny! And yes, I get so frustrated some times I have to bite my tongue because I'm afraid I'll say something. It's hard witnessing all the future problems those kids and their parents are going to face.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
That's too funny! And yes, I get so frustrated some times I have to bite my tongue because I'm afraid I'll say something. It's hard witnessing all the future problems those kids and their parents are going to face.

Dollars to donuts this is another one who probably teaches differently from what they themself actually do/did. I think we can add many ex elite HS/college/D1/All Conference/All-American player, current expert instructors to the list of Radio Star and the other things killed by video.

Oct 22, 2009
One of my 10 u pitchers is sharing All-Stars with another pitcher. This other pitcher is considered the #1, as she is about 5'3" and pretty dang stocky so she throws harder than my student.
My parent told me that this kids dad ( who is the coach) keeps yelling at her DD that she is short arming her pitches because she is not following through with her hand over the shoulder and hello elbow.

She also says that the other teams are complaining that his DD is crow hopping and constantly complain to the umpire. They took 1st last weekend in a tournament but one umpire warned him he'd start calling his DD on her leap. He claims she doesn't leap, her PC claims she doesn't leap. So my pitchers mom sends me a video of this pitcher and asks me if she's legal. Boy howdy this kids got a leap. How in the heck can a PC not see this, and tell her and her dad she's fine?

I tell you it's frustrating when you train your pitchers on proper, legal mechanics, and another pitcher comes along who throws illegal with poor mechanics but because she's bigger and throws harder then she must be right and your pitcher must be wrong.
Oh, and her dad claims she throws 54mph.

All I can say is she better fix that leap by nationals or she just may not throw at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi