Pitching coach confronts umpire

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
A few years ago my DD struck out looking...she was not happy and had a few choice looks, stares and attitude towards the umpire when she walked away. I was naturally more upset with her reaction and unsportsmanlike behavior. It was so bad I had her call the umpire later that evening to apologize for the way she reacted....

Here is how our end of the phone call went...

Hi, Mr. Smith?....Hi....Um, this is "Mary"...Yeah...Oh, good, how are you...yeah, thanks...Um, well I'm calling cuz I just want to apologize for the way I reacted when you called that ball a strike.....

All I could do was shake my head (lol)

What else could she say as I'm sure you have raised her to tell the truth!

May 13, 2012
Had a player that k'd one time looking. Turned had that look of no way that was a strike and shaking her head. I called time and I guess she thought thought I was I coming to her rescue. " Susie was that a strike", susie says "not close way out side". Me, "blue was that a strike" blue "yes" with the look of ur fixing to be home early coach. Me to susie in full voice "how many times do I have to tell u that yours and mine opinion dont matter his is the one that counts and don't leave it up to him". Crowd laughed susie hated me for the day but I noticed that outside corner got closer over the plate and ump thanked me for coaching instead of complaining.

Apr 8, 2014
DFW TEXAS
Had a player that k'd one time looking. Turned had that look of no way that was a strike and shaking her head. I called time and I guess she thought thought I was I coming to her rescue. " Susie was that a strike", susie says "not close way out side". Me, "blue was that a strike" blue "yes" with the look of ur fixing to be home early coach. Me to susie in full voice "how many times do I have to tell u that yours and mine opinion dont matter his is the one that counts and don't leave it up to him". Crowd laughed susie hated me for the day but I noticed that outside corner got closer over the plate and ump thanked me for coaching instead of complaining.

Great way to handle it. Will have to use this one...

Apr 26, 2012
Worst ump we had was USSSA WS, to set this up the girl receives the "sportsmanship" award in game 3. He is the plate ump in game 4 and in the 5th inning he tells me my catcher has the worst sportsmanship of any girl he has dealt with. Told him its got to be you and your strike zone because she won the award for best sportsmanship last game. He said my zone is fine, told I plan on discussing and showing video of how unfair it was with the UIC after the game. Next game I pulled the UIC and asked to watch. Its amazing how fair a SZ is once your being watched.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA