Pitching arm health question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 12, 2015
Penn & Teller once got over 10k signatures on a petition to ban Dihydrogen Monoxide. Nasty stuff there. At least in Flint.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Here is DD's Pitching warm up...for years... :cool:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5ysCooEBPjg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="1"></iframe>

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Penn & Teller once got over 10k signatures on a petition to ban Dihydrogen Monoxide. Nasty stuff there. At least in Flint.

We had a recent outbreak in our area that hit everyone pretty hard. In the news daily and on record as the worst in history.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
This is one I haven't heard for awhile...it is completely wrong but this was the old wives tale that is being told:

My DD's very, very first PC told her that if she pitched, she wasn't to play SS, 3rd or C because of the regular hard and long throws overarm you have to make from these positions. The explanation he gave for this line of thought was that because she pitches, her underarm pitching muscles/motion would be really strong, and thus would over power the less used overarm throwing muscles/throwing motion which would lead to arm injuries.

He uses this to justify any of his pitchers injuries - it isn't the bad technique he teaches, but rather that they are throwing hard overhand when fielding regularly.

Yes he is wrong, however I do have to give him credit in that at least he has an explanation on why he believes this. This is more than most coaches do when they just parrot something they have either heard or has been 'right' since they were taught it.

Nov 16, 2015
Here is DD's Pitching warm up...for years... :cool:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5ysCooEBPjg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="1"></iframe>

my dad made me play catch with him on the road all the time. It was strictly for accuracy. if he missed it, i ran and got it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00