Pitching Aids

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2011
My DD is 8 and just started pitching 10U. The ball and distance change is really effecting her and I'm looking for something to help her make the adjustment. I've seen commercials for the K-factor and it looks like a pretty good tool. It uses bungees and I'm guessing they aren't made for an 8ry old frame.

Does anyone have an idea on what can help make the transition other than repetition with the new ball/distance?

Jun 18, 2010
Time, patience, HER desire to improve and hard work. There is no magic pitching aid.

Ditto. I cannot tell you how much my DD has improved by simply doing Slugger's suggestion of playing a lot of underhanded catch. That one tip alone has been worth the time spent on DFP.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
My DD is 8 and just started pitching 10U. The ball and distance change is really effecting her and I'm looking for something to help her make the adjustment. I've seen commercials for the K-factor and it looks like a pretty good tool. It uses bungees and I'm guessing they aren't made for an 8ry old frame.

Does anyone have an idea on what can help make the transition other than repetition with the new ball/distance?

Pitcher's Dads and I were in colusion most of the time. "Tell ya what, if you throw the ball hard enough to knock your Dad backwards off that bucket, he'll take ya out for an ice cream cone".

Towards the end of the session Dad always seemd to get knocked off that dumb ole bucket. Go figure!

Bribery can be an EXCELLENT motivational tool! :)

Jul 21, 2008
Don't spend your money on any pitching aid and none of them them will do what you can do for free.

Play catch.....at the start of every pitching lesson/practice throw overhand until arm is loose, after arm is loose gradually start moving backward. After every 3 or 4 throws take several steps backward. Keep doing this until they can reach there partner. When they have maxed out then start moving back in after ever couple of throws. After working your way back to where you started now start playing catch underhand and repeat the same process underhand. This will build arm strenth and speed.

Apr 1, 2011
Thanks guys. She works for about 30 min/day, 3 or 4 days a week. I don't usually have to bribe her, but have been known to promise an ice cream from time to time. I guess it's just going to take a couple weeks or so for the adjustment. I was just wondering if there was something to help with the transition. Looking back, I should have had her start at the further distance during our spring 8U season. Lesson learned...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG