Picture of daughter at impact

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
That is a great pic. Obviously a blast.

29 dad...are you sure you really posted that picture of perfect contact to "open up DD's swing for your comments/critique." or just to (and I don't blame you) boast a little?...c'mon know. Be honest with your fellow dads and coaches.

Dang. Didn't want it to seem like that. I'm not a technical guy. When I read about lag and rotation and all that stuff I really don't know what you folks are talking about. I was a hockey player. But I've seen still photos on this site and I always wondered what you experts would think of my DD's swing, only I never had a good picture. And then this last weekend a professional took pictures at the tournament, and captured the one above. And I couldn't resist posting it. So... that's as honest as I can get. I will admit that I was hoping for some validation. There's quite an investment in that swing. :) Thank you for your kind words.

Feb 16, 2011
2012May20-Renegades-OMGAA-79-L.jpg
[/QUOTE]

WoW...What a nice shot!

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
29dad,
Money well spent on DD's training.Just your average dad,but from what I've read this is the postion you want to be in when swinging.I like to save pics of what I think are good looking swings and show my DD and her teammates.I saved this pic you have been validated.LOL

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I agree great pic
A whole lot of good in this swing.

If you wanted to tweak it i would say grip. Howard has proven at clinic's with a radar gun 2-5 mph more swing speed.
I think that is correct. SBfamily and Bouldersdad, Cshilt work the clinics. They can correct me if I am wrong.

Howard and SB have posted about grip in this forum.

SL

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Note how the bat is back between the thumb and first finger. The bat jack takes the first finger and hooks it on the bat jack keeping it out of the meaty part between the two. You want the bat gripped with the bottom three fingers, rest go along for the ride. Grip your arm about 6 inches above your wrist. Now move your last three fingers and then your first finger and thumb. You will feel how the muscles engage. It is very common to see kids grip the bat like above in a death grip. If you play golf , you will understand how important grip is.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I felt my forearm get stronger/tighter.Tried the other way of closing(fingers) all at the same time not as strong of a feeling.Thanks.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
With the bat jack they can't cheat. We use to use a hair tie and it got across where the bat should be , the trouble with the hair Tie was it didn't stop them from letting the bat slip back during the swing, so they could cheat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321