OT - World Series

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
Still heartbroken, but this gave me a laugh:

CoachKentMurphy regarding holding Gordon at third:

ScreenShot2014-10-30at123017PM_zpscb564cec.png

May 17, 2012
I think Gordon would have been out by a country mile if he went but I did want to see him try.

Some smart people have done the math based on Gordons speed and where he was when the ball was at the cut. There is no way he would have made it unless the throw was offline.

The batter that followed him had a terrible at bat. They were clearly trying to walk him but he kept swinging at those high balls. Guess he didn't get the memo.

Jun 18, 2010
Some smart people have done the math based on Gordons speed and where he was when the ball was at the cut. There is no way he would have made it unless the throw was offline.

The batter that followed him had a terrible at bat. They were clearly trying to walk him but he kept swinging at those high balls. Guess he didn't get the memo.

lol, I wished that were the case... but that is just how Perez swings.... He swings at anything.... mostly out of the zone :(

mlb_sperezts_576.jpg

perezjones2.png

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2010
Still heartbroken, but this gave me a laugh:

CoachKentMurphy regarding holding Gordon at third:

ScreenShot2014-10-30at123017PM_zpscb564cec.png

LOL, I think he would have been out, but I wish they had sent him. Look, they hadn't been hitting Bumgartner all night (all series). Given that, even a 10-20% chance of sliding in safely seems like the best odds you're likely to get. Or pinch hit for Salvy, maybe. It sounds crazy, but he'll swing at cr@p way off the plate and Bumgartner knew that.

Sadly, the Royals lost the thing when they let the Giants beat them in one game when MB wasn't pitching. He only won 3 games--the Royals needed to win the other four... Ah, well, it's still the best season I've seen in a long time. :)

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
This season made me fall in love with the sport again. Mom, Baseball and Apple pie...

Here is the weird part.....I am a lifelong Giant's fan. But as that runner stood on third I was fully prepared to tip my caps to the Royals and be happy for a franchise that had waited so long get a chance to get theirs if they pulled it out. After you watch years of cringing when players like Johnnie LeMaster bat and finally win a world series, it is hard not to kinda root for a team when they get their shot after you have gotten two of them. I don't want them to give it back though.

Mar 28, 2013
lol, I wished that were the case... but that is just how Perez swings.... He swings at anything.... mostly out of the zone :(

mlb_sperezts_576.jpg

perezjones2.png

Whenever I watch Games like this my DDs and I always look at each other and talk about how we wish Fastpitch Batters would swing at garbage that far out of the zone.It would make it allot easier. Looked like that high heat Madison kept throwing had the correct spin and looked almost like a rise ball.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDubyah