Omg h/e pc

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2013
Bolingbrook, IL
Daughter has a beautiful natural whip motion which has served her well from 8u up through 12u. She was gunned at last year's tryouts throwing 48 but that's all upper body as she doesn't have a whole lot of leg drive. She hits her spots and throws a decent drop and serviceable change. Lately her velocity has been down a bit and DH and I noticed she didn't seem to have her normal whip going.

She hasn't been to a PC in almost 6 months. The previous one changed her availability and we couldn't get to her the days and times she was available and haven't found someone to replace her...and everything was chugging along fine.

I set her up for an evaluation last night with a PC at a local well known facility. They have higher level travel teams who take lessons and we had some good info about them.

Before we even stepped in the cage, the girl comes over rips DD gloves off her hand and tells her she doesn't have her glove on properly. She isn't closing it correctly and she doesn't have her fingers in the holes properly. Then the PC video's her and proceeded to tear apart everything about her motion. She shouldn't be turning sideways when she pitches, she should face the batter and finish with her straight up or bent elbow up. Then she tells her to go home and practice 100 arm circles a day with her arm straight up flush against a wall.

Wow. Before I even said anything in the car, DD says to me, "We aren't going back to her again, are we?"

I will try to post video later after her game today. DH and I are pretty sure what needs to be adjusted, but we aren't sure how to get there.

Jan 24, 2013
Bolingbrook, IL
Didn't notice it before, but the funny thing is her bio doesn't list anything above HS where she played 2nd and 3rd as well as pitched, Maybe I know why?

The one problem that we have had mentioned about DD before and last night is that she always finishes with her arm in a different place. She isn't consistent with her follow through. Sometimes her arm is up, sometimes it's across her belly, sometimes she seems to stop her follow through and doesn't let her arm finish it's motion. We've seen it, but don't know how to fix it. It seems like the only way the PC knows how to fix it is to finish with the elbow/arm up. Any suggestions on how to fix that without an h/e finish?

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2009
Didn't notice it before, but the funny thing is her bio doesn't list anything above HS where she played 2nd and 3rd as well as pitched, Maybe I know why?

I got a flyer from one of my local leagues for a softball camp. The camp covered all basics of softball skills, including pitching.
The 2 coaches that were giving the camp listed their bio's. One played for the local JUCO, catcher I think. The other I recognized because she played JV on my DD's high school team. I don't think she even played her JR-SR year. And I certainly didn't know she pitched? So somewhere these 2 thought they knew enough about pitching to skill the players in the camp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1