Off to get the MRI results

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
My DD had a collision with the second baseman at her first tournament this year . Pop fly to the edge of the infield and she was coming in from center and the second baseman was coming in as well . Neither girl was calling the ball and they got tangled up . Next thing I know she is laying on the field holding her knee . It was pretty swollen the next day but she could walk on it but when we got home we took her to the doctor to be sure it was OK . They didn't think anything was wrong with it but it just hasn't seemed to get any better even after the swelling went down so she had an MRI done Tuesday .

Anyway , wish us luck , hopefully its not something she needs surgery for .

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Good luck, you did the right thing getting it scanned.

It's probably too late, but you should ask for a copy cd of the MRI. Always good to have your own incase you need to go have a second opinion.

Mar 31, 2012
Not too late GoingDeep, these days you walk in any time after an MRI and give em 12 dollars and they give you a copy of the MRI on disk in a few minutes.

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
The good news is they couldn't find anything wrong with her knee. The bad news is they can't figure out what is still causing her pain.

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
The swelling on the knee was all gone by the time she got an MRI so I don't know whther it was clear or blood . I am not sure about the collision as it seemed pretty minor when I saw them collide .

She knew to call the ball before this but the whole team has really been struggling with doing it . The coaching staff has taken a keen interest in having the girls call the ball now and have been doling out extra calisthenics to violators . I think the loss of one of their Catcher's who hit #4 in the lineup over not calling the ball has driven the point home to a lot of the girls .

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
The good news is they couldn't find anything wrong with her knee. The bad news is they can't figure out what is still causing her pain.

Not sure what you would see on MRI, but could be bone bruise. Those hurt and take a while to go away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loudee16