Not big enough

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
Your DD is 11 and you are worried about the National team? Get her good instruction and encourage her to enjoy playing this great game. The rest will either come or it won't.

More like - just seeing what kind of stats to work towards. I know she's got years until she should be there - just at this point - she's seems so far off.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I remember my DD being in 8U and looking over at the 14U/16U teams and wondering how they were ever going to be that good and that big.

Now we are in our second year of 14U and they really are that good and that big. It happens REAL fast.

Sep 17, 2009
I had a girl join our 18U team this year who I last saw (via private instruction) at 12U.

She was bigger, better and more grown up than I remembered lol :)

Give it time.

Jun 11, 2013
More like - just seeing what kind of stats to work towards. I know she's got years until she should be there - just at this point - she's seems so far off.

That's fine. I just have witnessed so many kids whose parents are pushing them to play D1 softball and beyond and more often than not that isn't going to happen. Some of these kids live with the notion that how they perform on that weekend determines the quality of person they are.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
There's probably a growth spurt coming. Last year we were first year 10U and the 2nd year girls seemed so huge. Now we're 2nd year 10U and the 07s look tiny. But the 05s still look huge. lol At this age they all just seem to grow at different rates, though of course some of them will stay little. We use our tiny pitcher to throw off batters who've caught up to our bigger, faster pitchers. And she's also lightning fast. She can lay down a bunt at be at 1B before the fielders can blink. There are advantages :)

Just wait until 12U. From what we've seen, the size dynamic in 12U is signifcantly greater than it was in 10U.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
LOL I guess I don't consider that to be too small for an 11 year old. My DD is about that same size and about to turn 13, playing 14U ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi