New England's Finest Tourney

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DDs team will be in MA for the New England's finest tourney. A number of schools on her list should be there and hopefully a few will make it by. We also plan to see a couple of colleges in Boston while there.

Anyone headed that way?

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I was surprised by the lack of response but after thinking about it, Williams, Colby, Babson and Bates aren't know for being powerhouse SB schools.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
My daughter is heading up there this morning with my wife. This is her third trip there. Always a good tournament with plenty of coaches.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
So I was really excited to head up to MA this evening. Stuck in construction traffic on 95 in CT an 18 wheeler starts rolling backwards and runs into my truck. Not to much damage but he drives off. I chase him down and bang on the door thinking I hope he doesn't have a gun. He gets out and says he didn't do it in a thick rastafarian accent. Then says it's my fault for getting to close and gets in the rig and drives off. Fortunately a couple headed to NE's saw the whole thing and gave me their info and another woman did the same, plus she said the driver dozed off during the accident. Highway patrol finally pulled him over and he denied, denied, denied. Trooper called the witnesses and tells me I can get an accident report for 16 bucks. Really? Didn't get to the hotel until 12.30. Oh well. Looking forward to some good ball tomorrow and the rest of the weekend.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
We are playing in a small Tournament in Woburn , MA this weekend- where is "New England's Finest" being held?
Good luck!

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
A good exposure tournament for those interested in the numerous non-D1 NE schools. Tournament used to be followed immediately by the Tufts summer camp, which made it worth an extended trip for those outside of New England to see and visit a large number of schools. FWIW - I do recall parking issues at main fields and poorly serviced port-a-johns and trash receptacles at some satellite fields.

Mar 13, 2010
I was surprised by the lack of response but after thinking about it, Williams, Colby, Babson and Bates aren't know for being powerhouse SB schools.
Williams, Colby, and Bates, along with being great schools academically, play in the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) along with Tufts...the winner of the last two (2014&'13) NCAA DIII National Championships.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
FPump, That didn't come out the way I meant. Meaning most of the country probably hasn't heard of them in relation to SB. I knew about Tufts but that is also on DDs list.

A great number of coaches at this tourney. If your dd wants to go to a school in the NE you should consider going to this tourney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad