Need Catching Help Quick

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
How about getting with the pitchers on her team, I'm sure they are practicing, get her to catch them during these times. The more she can get live action the better...

Great advice! My 9yo DD catches at the pitching lessons for one of her teammates and my 15yo DD. During these sessions, I have her focus on clean receiving, freezing pitch locations, and quick snaps back to the pitcher.

Jul 24, 2008
I spoke with Jay Weaver at NECC this morning for probably about an hour. Called for one simple question and he was willing to take the time to talk about catching for an hour. He is very passionate about catching. Hopefully he will have a camp next Jan or Feb in the Chicago area. If my daughter likes this, she will definitely be going.

Thanks again for the advice. We will start tonight.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I spoke with Jay Weaver at NECC this morning for probably about an hour. Called for one simple question and he was willing to take the time to talk about catching for an hour. He is very passionate about catching. Hopefully he will have a camp next Jan or Feb in the Chicago area. If my daughter likes this, she will definitely be going.

Thanks again for the advice. We will start tonight.

Jay is a class act, and the camps are great. At the 3-day camp my DD attended in January, every catcher improved their abilities by a significant amount.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors