NECC not worth the investment....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Hopefully someone can tell us if the updated DVD is about to be released and if so, when? I've been checking the NECC website and store for a week or so now in hopes of just going ahead with the older one but it says it's unavailable. Thanks for any help here.

My understanding is that the "repackaging" of the DVD will be in eBook format. I have no idea about an expected release date.

May 20, 2015
Bradenton, FL
We attended Jay's camp in Sarasota, by the way it exceeded my expectations and now my DD wants to go to New England for summer camp.

Jay was explaining at the camp that the new e-book is complete as far as the material, the delay is on the technical (computer/internet) side. And how to offer it and have it protected from piracy on the web.

It sounds like it will be a great resource with links to video updates and able to be updated if needed.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
We attended Jay's camp in Sarasota, by the way it exceeded my expectations and now my DD wants to go to New England for summer camp.

Jay was explaining at the camp that the new e-book is complete as far as the material, the delay is on the technical (computer/internet) side. And how to offer it and have it protected from piracy on the web.

It sounds like it will be a great resource with links to video updates and able to be updated if needed.

I'm a little surprised by that, actually. The guys Jay shares a building with (Austin Wasserman and Bobby Tewksbary) have been doing the eBook thing for a while. I would have thought they had it figured out at this point.

Jul 10, 2011
Rockport, MA
Hey everyone, Addy's Dad is correct...We are still searching for the best way to package the content and distribute it.

Unfortunately, Eric's comment is no longer accurate. We left AB in the Fall, and although we wish them the best of luck in the future, NECC is no longer affiliated with Bobby or Austin in any capacity.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Hey everyone, Addy's Dad is correct...We are still searching for the best way to package the content and distribute it.

Unfortunately, Eric's comment is no longer accurate. We left AB in the Fall, and although we wish them the best of luck in the future, NECC is no longer affiliated with Bobby or Austin in any capacity.

Thanks for the update, Jay. I will stop spreading incorrect info.

I look forward to the release of the eBook as soon as it is available. :)

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Thanks for the info (by the way Eric, I really appreciate your responsiveness on these forums) and I guess I'm on hold for now. I had really hoped to use the DVD and the remaining winter months to help DD further her skills before the actual season begins out here.

Aug 26, 2015
As the OP to this thread, I feel it necessary to say this. I named this thread completely in jest and if this is ever searched, I want the record to be clear. At the time I created this thread, I had not yet purchased the product because I was waiting to afford it, but I had full intention to do so. I've had this product for a few short weeks and my assessment is that the NECC is not worth the investment at all. It's "worth" 20 times the investment. Easily. Anyone thinking about it.....STOP thinking and make the investment. You'll be glad you did. I'm glad I found DFP and glad that DFP was bullish about NECC.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619