NECC 3-Day Clinic

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Day 2 - Recap of catching stances, techniques for blocking wide left/right pitches, receiving and blocking of moving balls (live application), throwing mechanics.

Being that it was the last hour of today's session, my young DD and her pals got a bit lazy with the throwing lessons, but my fellow softball dads and I were pressed against the fence paying close attention the instruction - VERY good stuff. The throwing lessons included lots of good stuff based on the high-level throwing pattern described and taught by Wasserman. Once again, today's session was worth the price of admission.

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
I was a little surprised there weren't more girls. There were 3 from my DD's league (all 10U), and one other (12U). I was hoping to see Bchbum54, but it looks like they didn't make it. Guero_gordo's DD is in the older group, and it looks like we might not cross paths.

We really wanted to attend this season but unfortunately we had a death in the family and just didn't have it in us to go. Sometimes life happens. Sorry we missed you guys, I was really jazzed since I saw the flyer. Hopefully they come around again next year.

Sounds like your DD really picked up a lot at the camp, can't wait until the day our girls meet again on the field

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Day 3 was pretty packed, with plays at the plate, popups, and passed ball skills discussed, and reps on receiving, blocking and throwing. Pretty happy with this format as an update and review of the things she learned in 4-day camp. DD told me every day how glad she was that we did this.

I'd think the kids for whom this was their first introduction will be processing and integrating what they learned for a few weeks.

Came early and got to meet EricF in person and watch his DD tearing it up. Reminds me of when my kids were cute.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Day 3 was pretty packed, with plays at the plate, popups, and passed ball skills discussed, and reps on receiving, blocking and throwing. Pretty happy with this format as an update and review of the things she learned in 4-day camp. DD told me every day how glad she was that we did this.

I'd think the kids for whom this was their first introduction will be processing and integrating what they learned for a few weeks.

Came early and got to meet EricF in person and watch his DD tearing it up. Reminds me of when my kids were cute.

I agree 100% about Day 3, and the camp overall. The information and techniques are everything one could ask for, and more. The teaching by Jay, Kevin, and Mason was spectacular. My DD has told me that she feels like the camp was a HUGE boost in her skills behind the plate. As you said, it's gong to take a while to sort it all out in her head as she puts the new skills into use. My DD and her 2 friends that attended are about to take a big jump above the other 10U catchers in their leagues.

It was great to meet you and your DD in person. Thanks for making the effort to overlap your time with ours. I wish your DD all the best in her softball adventures.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
We really wanted to attend this season but unfortunately we had a death in the family and just didn't have it in us to go. Sometimes life happens. Sorry we missed you guys, I was really jazzed since I saw the flyer. Hopefully they come around again next year.

Sounds like your DD really picked up a lot at the camp, can't wait until the day our girls meet again on the field

My condolences for your loss, Bchbum. I hope your DD gets to attend next year. It's worth every penny.