NECC 3-Day Clinic

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Just saw this and I will be registering DD on Friday (payday). Its the first time I have seen it in my area so I have to take advantage of it. DD loves catching so this is totally for her

Great! I look forward to seeing you and your DD again.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Day 1 - Sign-giving stance, no-runners stance, receiving and glove positions, runners-on stance, blocking, plays at the plate.

This is already worth the price of admission. A couple of minor points have evolved since the DVD was published, but it's all based on the same information. For my DD, she did a lot better focusing on the live presentation than she did watching the DVD with me at home.

I was a little surprised there weren't more girls. There were 3 from my DD's league (all 10U), and one other (12U). I was hoping to see Bchbum54, but it looks like they didn't make it. Guero_gordo's DD is in the older group, and it looks like we might not cross paths.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
You'll like the throwing session a lot. It's fun to watch how quickly all the kids get into a pretty decent throwing pattern.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
You'll like the throwing session a lot. It's fun to watch how quickly all the kids get into a pretty decent throwing pattern.

Talking to Jay after today's session, he commented about the throwing pattern of my DD and the other two girls in her league being very good, and not to mess with it. I told him that I've had an influence on all of them based on Wasserman's drills and techniques. Jay was very happy to hear it...especially since he shares a building with Austin Wasserman. :)

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Afternoon session was a small group, so plenty of reps, plenty of detail, and no place to hide.
Another perfect SoCal day in a great outdoor location didn't hurt either.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
DD enjoyed the throwing session, a nice breakdown and refinement of mechanics from what she was doing, and I like the new more detailed breakdown on blocking to the sides.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Can you describe?

New to me, anyway. Used to be a zen-like thing, let your body center itself on the hands. I bugged Dave a few times before DD got it, still not sure I provided any help.

Can't really detail it, but now they isolate outside leg,inside leg,re-center movements before putting the whole thing together.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
New to me, anyway. Used to be a zen-like thing, let your body center itself on the hands. I bugged Dave a few times before DD got it, still not sure I provided any help.

Can't really detail it, but now they isolate outside leg,inside leg,re-center movements before putting the whole thing together.

Sounds like a good idea as not everybody is a zenmaster. Refreshing and refining are GTG. Enjoy Day 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi