Mother's Day

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2013
So our coach sent out an email the other day taking a straw poll regarding our schedule for May and June. He mentioned "we won't play during the weekend of May 9th because that's mother's day weekend."

At least 10 of our 12 moms on the team have replied in one way or another that they want to play that weekend if we can. They can be a mother that weekend and the love being a softball mother.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
In many years of coaching never had a player with a mom that did not want to see her play that day. Went to great lengths to make day special for them at the fields.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I tried to set something up on Mother's day once and you would have thought I had a third eye the looks I got. Yet I don't think there was ever a Father's day that I didn't have a tourney to go to.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
If they are that concerned with Mothers Day try to find a one day tournament. I bet they never take "Father's Day" weekend off!!!

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I signed up for a Mother's Day weekend tournament many years ago. As I recall the tournament ended up being canceled due to a lack of teams.

I think that may have changed now. Been a long time since I've coached a non-HS age team.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
Glad to see this thread. I'm scheduling May friendlies and tournaments, so its good to see how folks from other teams feel about this. My moms wont object to whatever I schedule, but that doesn't mean that they are telling me how they really feel. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors