Morgan Stuart Signature glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2023

So my daughter, a 10U travel and rec player, needs a new glove for Christmas. I am looking for something that will be easy to use for a variety of positions since she is so young. I came across this glove, which seems to be an absolute steal at this price, but I can't find ANY useful feedback on it, so I am kind of wary. Any thoughts? Thanks all!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
That is a great price on a steerhide glove. That particular line didn't sell great, hence the reason they still have them leftover from the 21 model year. It's designed for infield, so if your daughter plays OF, it might not be the best fit for her.

Steerhide tends to be heavy and harder to break in, so be prepared to pound it to get the glove ready for games.

Jun 27, 2023
Was there a reason it didn't sell great? She's 9 and using an 11.5 Mizuno Finch glove we got her when she first started playing that's now on its last legs, I gotta think this will be an upgrade even when she is in the outfield.

Feb 25, 2020
My daughter has/had that one. She has a wilson 1787 she uses now(2nd year 12u). The easton is not nearly as stiff as the wilson. The easton is a great glove for 10u player and that is a bargain. She used it all over the field.

Jul 1, 2022
Probably fine for 10U OF.

Might be at a minor disadvantage in the OF with the 12" ball at 12U

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Jun 27, 2023
I can't speak as to why it didn't sell well. I just know we had a few sitting around for a while.
I guess it could be just difficult breaking into the A2000/HOH dominated price point. If you're spending $280 on a glove, your going to want one of those 2 options I would think and not want to take a risk on an unknown. For $80 on the other hand, I'll see what it's all about.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
It's Rawlings and Wilson by a landslide, in the glove department. Marucci is a distant third. Easton had a little traction back in 2020 with the stars and stripes catchers line, but it didn't last.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles