More severe penalties

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2009
JMO the sport of softball is about hitting, throwing, pitching, fielding, running and not about getting on base by purposely getting HBP. IMO it takes away from the spirit of the game and the rule needs to be changed.

It spoils the sport. Every day I have to work the inside spot with my pitchers because hbp trend has trickled down to the lower ages. Most of their coaches refuse to call them inside anymore. I worked an 11yr old last night that hasn't thrown an inside pitch all season, then a high school freshman who lost all confidence in her screwball because her coach refused to call it. She said she admits it's in her head now that she can't throw inside. I don't want my 10 & 11's to to have that fear, but it's hard when the coaches keep instilling in it them.

Jan 22, 2011
It spoils the sport. Every day I have to work the inside spot with my pitchers because hbp trend has trickled down to the lower ages. Most of their coaches refuse to call them inside anymore. I worked an 11yr old last night that hasn't thrown an inside pitch all season, then a high school freshman who lost all confidence in her screwball because her coach refused to call it. She said she admits it's in her head now that she can't throw inside. I don't want my 10 & 11's to to have that fear, but it's hard when the coaches keep instilling in it them.

At a 10u tournament last weekend the batters on the other team had their toes almost touching the plate and our HC had to ask the umpire to clean off the plate so it was obvious they were almost touching the plate. When our pitcher hit a girl in the foot I told my HC to go up and ask the umpire if she had her foot in the box when she got hit, but since the girl was on the ground in pain, he didn't have the cojones to do it. When he came back to the dugout I told him if anyone got hit in the hands or arms, he had to go up there and ask if they got hit in the strike zone. The batters backed up a little after that HBP, so he didn't have to ask.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles