Miken Rain

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I have been looking for a new bat for DD. I don't want to spend a fortune and was looking at the Miken Rain -12. DD is a slight framed contact hitter. Does anyone have this bat and what do you think? I have found it for 174.00 which seems like a decent price.

Oct 19, 2009
My 11YO has this bat. Her's is the 30" / 18oz and it's served her very well. $174 is a good deal. I think we paid around $300 for it.

Sep 14, 2010
I think this bat provides a good value if you don't care about always having the latest model year. Sometimes price has to win out over having the "latest and greatest". I recently bought one for my DD and it seems to have good pop and she likes the feel of it (31/19 for my 11YO)

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Thanks for the reviews. I located one today used by a small 14U that DD can tryout. They also have a Rockettech they offered as well but I'm afraid that will be too heavy.

May 23, 2010
My 15 year old received this bat for her birthday. She spent a long time deciding upon a new bat, and she had the opportunity to try out a bunch of bats when she played for a LL tournament team this summer for a coach that owns a sporting goods store. She is a contact hitter and is 5'-4", 102 lbs (she has finished growing). (She plays travel ball and HS ball too - LL team was basically a bunch of travel players.)

She likes the bat so far, but has not had it very long. Seems to have good pop even though it is not fully broken in yet.

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
A 13 yo I have worked with picked up a Miken Rain to replace her broken Vendetta. She like the bat and when she's on she makes good contact and hits for good power with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1