Miken Freak Black

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
In another thread someone said they had a 31 -9, that just seems an odd size to me.

What do you think is the sweat spot in size for selling bats?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Interesting that they are not currently offering a 30".

DD had a freak NXT and put a ton of hits on it before I sold it to a local TB player who put a ton more hits on it. It's a good bat, great prices, especially if you want to do the one bat for practice, games, don't care what the weather is plan. Common theme: DD liked feel of two piece bat better.

We still have a 32/22 freak nxt. It doesn't have the longest distance for us, but I swear the sweet spot is so big you could get a nice line drive off the knob.

The miken recoil I have must be like a 190mph batted ball speed! :). No rolling no shaving...and you could bunt the ball 250 feet.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2015
Tennessee
We received this bat yesterday and did some hitting off the tee then took it out to the field today. My daughter has hit all the most popular bats...Xeno, LXT, Mako, Demarini's, 2Legit...and currently has in her bag a CF6 & CF7 Insane. Her bat of choice has been the Cf6 Insane and she had never swung a Miken before. She's 13 playing on a 14u A division team. I originally became interested in the Miken after a buddy of mine who lives in Nashville TN raved to me about the bat. I immediately began looking all over the internet for reviews and videos of the bat and after I went ahead and took a leap of faith and ordered the bat. As soon as I picked up the bat myself it felt light to me and the swing felt very even balanced and good. I really love the look of the bat as well. But the most important thing...what would my DD think and how would the bat hit? As soon as she looked at the bat she said what most kids will do...wow it looks cool. Then she picked it up and told me what i had thought myself in that the bat felt light. My thinking on that is maybe it's because we are used to end loaded bats and the even weight just gave the feeling it was lighter. So out to the tee we went. The sound off the bat is very loud. I love the sound of the pop. The ball seemed to really come off the bat solid. The real test though would be on the field. Well, we were not disappointed. My daughter is considered a power hitter and the ball coming off this bat is absolutely without a doubt harder than any of the other bats we have swung. The sweet spot on this bat really appears to be massive. My daughter fell in love with this bat immediately. In this area (Knoxville TN) you really don't see many girls swinging Miken's but I got to tell you I think after my daughter hits with this bat and more teams see it they will be buying them. Miken really did an exceptional job with this bat...I'm very glad I went against the popular bat grain and bought this bat. I hope the durability of the bat is good and should we encounter any problems I'll update in this thread. We are very excited to get the season started this Saturday with this bat. See you all at the ball field...with our Miken Freak Black!

Jan 3, 2014
The first one we got was very hot from the start, like HOT, HOT.... and it broke very quickly. The replacement is not nearly as hot straight out of the wrapper. So, there was definitely something up with the first one. She's only hit with it once so we'll give it some time and break it in. If it opens up anywhere close to the first one and is durable, it'll be a great bat. She normally swings an LXT. Time will tell.

Feb 24, 2013
My daughter quit using her beloved Mako, and has been exclusively using her Freak Black. Hit her first home run with it today over the center field fence. When I first bought she wouldn't touch it because she said she was an Easton girl. Made her take batting practice with it ,now she loves it. Contact Coresoftball. He gave us a great deal.

Oct 10, 2011
Freak Black

I won one and thought I'd just sell it but I couldn't resist taking it out. It is definitely hot out of the wrapper. DD hasn't hit with it yet but I think we'll keep this one. Always loved mikens and this bat weighs the same as her Mako and it's pretty cool looking too. She'll probably get to try it tomorrow.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I won one and thought I'd just sell it but I couldn't resist taking it out. It is definitely hot out of the wrapper. DD hasn't hit with it yet but I think we'll keep this one. Always loved mikens and this bat weighs the same as her Mako and it's pretty cool looking too. She'll probably get to try it tomorrow.

Good idea to keep it...sales arent there for this bat so people dont realize the hidden gem

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2015
Tennessee
My daughter hit the best she has in any tournament to date with this bat last weekend. You are right about it being a hidden gem. Actually had 2 moms take pictures of it so they could try and find one themselves. Best purchase I ever made. So glad I went outside the box of the Xeno's and Mako's of the softball world :)

Aug 30, 2011
DE
I was very interested in this bat as well. Daughter was swinging LXT last year, switched it up to a 2Legit at the end of the year and loved it, but after breaking 2 in a month I wasn't going back to it. So the Miken looked promising, but after picking up a FP11ST10 and 1B last month I think were covered for a couple of years. But yes, I do want to see the freak black in action.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles