Miken Freak Black

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
I showed my 10yo DD pics of both the LXT and Freak Black. She expressed a very strong preference for the Freak Black.

Of course, this means absolutely nothing in regards to performance of the bat on the field. ;)
I just saw pics of the new 2 Legit and it looks better too...I'm assuming pretty much the same bat.

Mar 18, 2015
Tennessee
I don't care about the looks really I just want to know if my kid connects on one if one bat is gonna send it further than the other one...LOL

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I've got a white nxt freak 31/21 that's 5 years old. Has been used by at least a dozen kids with probably 2000 hits on it....
Last night I self tossed one to myself with very little effort,.... the ball landed in the neighbors yard about 250' away... (got scared for a second that I may be buying them a new window)
Freaks are amazing bats. Anyone looking for a durable one piece. I'D HIGHLY RECOMMEND ANY MODEL OF MIKEN FREAK.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I've got a white nxt freak 31/21 that's 5 years old. Has been used by at least a dozen kids with probably 2000 hits on it....
Last night I self tossed one to myself with very little effort,.... the ball landed in the neighbors yard about 250' away... (got scared for a second that I may be buying them a new window)
Freaks are amazing bats. Anyone looking for a durable one piece. I'D HIGHLY RECOMMEND ANY MODEL OF MIKEN FREAK.

What I'm gathering is that today's Freak ain't yester-year's Freak. The new Freak Black is also a 2-piece.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
What I'm gathering is that today's Freak ain't yester-year's Freak. The new Freak Black is also a 2-piece.

Correct. The regular Freak is one piece...the Freak Black is 2 piece

Uugghh.....what a let down.
I still use a 7 or 8 year old freak for my men's league. It easily makes me look better than I am, just by its rediculous pop. A slow and loopy swing puts balls over, and a decent cut puts balls up into the trees.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Miken SP bats have always been good for a long time(for the most part...except a model or two). Ran into the same issue in FP as Worth, people started disliking one piece bats and they had to start the 2 piece model. Its taken them a little bit (Triad, Chill) to get a really quality bat out but its nice to see them do it. Now they have to get the bat seen more.

Dec 11, 2010
Interesting that they are not currently offering a 30".

DD had a freak NXT and put a ton of hits on it before I sold it to a local TB player who put a ton more hits on it. It's a good bat, great prices, especially if you want to do the one bat for practice, games, don't care what the weather is plan. Common theme: DD liked feel of two piece bat better.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Nah, not really surprising. Just like the 2Legit last year not doing all the weights. Gotta pick the weights that sell more and see how the bat sells first before jumping head first

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles