Might have to cancell practice!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
Due to this massive cold front has the high temperatures dropping all the way down in the 50s! How is a coach supposed to allow my girls to take the field with such brutal temps. :)
I just messing with all you softball addick above the mason dixon line. :p Luckily it will be back up in the low 70s by Thursdays game. Maybe all that snow up north will melt before May.

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
sunny and blowing 25mph here. Wind chill must be upper 40s, is life even sustainable at those temperatures! Supposed to drop down near freezing tonight, the season could be over. :rolleyes:

Jul 19, 2008
Due to this massive cold front has the high temperatures dropping all the way down in the 50s! How is a coach supposed to allow my girls to take the field with such brutal temps. :)
I just messing with all you softball addick above the mason dixon line. :p Luckily it will be back up in the low 70s by Thursdays game. Maybe all that snow up north will melt before May.

Coach, I would happily offer to bring you a small gift, if you like. From our diamond to yours....

infieldsnow.jpginfieldsnow1.jpginfieldsnow2.jpginfieldsnow3.jpg

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan

Based on the location of the Mason Dixon line, it is snowing on both sides of it right now. As for the temps being in the 50s you should cancel practice, after all a coach knows better then anyone just how soft his team is.:)

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
You guys can keep all your snow to yourselves. I can only imagine the cabin fever that kicks in for a softball player/coaches even parents when you are waiting on your season to start and it continues to be pushed back. Hang in there!

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD's team took the field for the first time this "spring". Sunny and 45 when they started. 3 hours later it was 41 and dropping. I saw some throws from home to 3rd get away from her so I asked if she was trying to hard...nope just couldn't feel my fingers anymore.

I could do with some global warming. We have a 1 day friendly next Saturday.

I did get to see Caldwell College beat Mercy College in game 2 of a dbl header on the next field.

Well our first tournament was this weekend and it ran the complete gambit.

First game 0800 Saturday was drizzling 50 degrees very cloudy and just plain miserable. Second and third games were back to back 1pm and 2:30 by the last inning my catcher was not sure she could go longer it was 85 degrees and still muggy from the drizzle felt really hot. Today it started out 50 or so and got up to 60 but we had hard steady 15 to 20 mph wind with 25+ gusts that last all day, high fly balls were an adventure for every team. Whether wise it was miserable but we ended up doing OK we took 3rd place out of 9 teams and were the best rec team there it was a mixture of rec and what I would call "B" level select/travel teams we literally threw away the last game and should have taken second place but considering one girl has no experience and several barely one year I was very pleased with their effort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom