Middle School Tryout – 1st Tryout

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yes. It was me. No matter where the play was, or where Jordan was playing, they would throw the ball to her. They were probably 12ish at the time. No one told them to do that, though. :)

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD comes home and gives me an update after every practice. My favorite was:

A player’s parents screwed up her medical records so she was not allowed to participate in tryouts. She was there on-time everyday watching the Team practice for 3 days before she was allowed to play on the 4th day.

DD and I were rooting for her, just some random kid. She made it.

Other favorite was DD’s friend was walking around with just her glove. Everyone else was lugging around their stuff from place to place. DD gave her a bag, bat, balls, batting gloves and some other stuff to lug around. She felt better having stuff to carry from place to place. You know you need stuff to be a softball player, do not have to use any of it but you need stuff to lug around. A month from now it would be interesting to look in her bag to see what stuff she has added or if she needs to buy a bigger bag to carry her stuff around.

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
Very good, Quincy. I want to suggest a novel for you and your DD - Little League Confidential by Bill Geist.

"Here is Commissioner Foozle, who ordered 500 baseball caps of the same color, for the teams to wear. And Coach Caper ("I choose my players with the best looking mothers") and Lefty Mano, who always goes after the kids with immigrant parents who don't understand American customs and give, say, a Rolex watch at the end of the season."

I think you would like the book.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Very good, Quincy. I want to suggest a novel for you and your DD - Little League Confidential by Bill Geist.

"Here is Commissioner Foozle, who ordered 500 baseball caps of the same color, for the teams to wear. And Coach Caper ("I choose my players with the best looking mothers") and Lefty Mano, who always goes after the kids with immigrant parents who don't understand American customs and give, say, a Rolex watch at the end of the season."

I think you would like the book.

My kids must have played for Coach Caper.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
HC pulled DD aside and told her she was the Team’s #1 pitcher. He told her she needed to practice at least twice a week outside of practice. I told her that he told all the pitchers that so they would practice more. She was insulted and that he only said this to her.

Pressure.

DD’s JV MS Team’s #1 and #2 pitchers are the #1 and #4 pitchers from a 0-22 Team Rec. Team.

Now that DD made the Team I can be an annoying parent again even though I am not allowed to talk to the coaches.

It is interesting where they are placing her, it is the most honest opinion she has ever received.

Edit to add:

They asked her if she had a PC and she said no. HC said fine not go to a PC until after her season is over. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd