Middle School Tryout – 1st Tryout

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD personality is she is going to play for her school but I am not sure how much pride she can take in making the Team because she showed up.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD spent last night working with her friend who has not played softball before and is trying out for the Team. DD was up at 6:30 dressed and ready for Today’s 9:00 workout.

Changes in a blink of an eye, didn’t the season just end?

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
The Players were told after todays practice that Players are going to cut from the Team, all of a sudden it became tryouts again. My head is spinning. Everyone makes the Team yesterday after this morning they are cutting players tommorow.

DD says they will keep as many players as they have uniforms for. :)

I am dying to go there and see what they are doing but the coaches chase all the parents away anyways. Good for them.

Apr 1, 2010
DD says they will keep as many players as they have uniforms for. :)

LOL, that makes sense. Budgets, budgets...

It's a good thing your DD hopped out of bed and got to the workout bright and early, instead of assuming she was a shoo-in after the day before!

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD made it and her friend who has not played before. They only cut 3 Players. Sounds like DD might be the JV’s #1 pitcher.

They played a 1 inning scrimmage today and HC told DD:

“I like your speed and accuracy but when the Team starts throwing the ball over the place I need you to yell in your loudest voice throw it to me!” :)

DD and friend are excited, should be fun.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
It turned out to be a non-issue.

Good news is DD came home all excited after the tryout and likes the coaches. It sounds like they spent the 2 hours doing fielding drills making sure no one got hurt. Some players have never played softball before.

All of a sudden the next 2 days are going to decide if she plays on the 7th or 8th grade Team. I would guess it might also change during the season when she gets going again.

So the MS Team was not as good as I thought, it sounds like if DD is on the 7th grade Team she has to pay attention so that she does not hurt someone.

Softball can be very confusing.

I thought every single Chicago area sball player was here playing world series. It looks like it anyway.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
A lot of the Players seem to be able to hit DD’s 60 mph fastball and other 7 pitches, I think they have really good hitting instructors.

Apr 1, 2010
DD made it and her friend who has not played before. They only cut 3 Players. Sounds like DD might be the JV’s #1 pitcher.

They played a 1 inning scrimmage today and HC told DD:

“I like your speed and accuracy but when the Team starts throwing the ball over the place I need you to yell in your loudest voice throw it to me!” :)

DD and friend are excited, should be fun.

LOL, I think it may have been Amy who was once talking about a rather inexperienced youth team where their main instruction was, "throw the ball to XXX."

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Came out a little bit wrong, I think he is going to teach all the pitchers to yell this. Get the ball into the circle stop throwing the ball around!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd