Middle School fundraising---Should I keep quite? Please help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

bmd

Jan 9, 2015
$250X15=$3,750. Did the team games have umpires? Did the team provide softballs,bats, & catchers equipment?

Yes the team games has umpires. However, we will only play 5 home games. Team does provide softballs. Every player uses their own bat. And our catchers are required to have their on equipment. I am not as concerned about that though as much as I am about a business purchasing a banner from me and that banner not be up.

Thank you for everyone's advice.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
First, the banner has to be purchased and put up. I'd suggest that the banner go up next year as well since the sponsor was shortchanged this year.

Also, there is so much more than just the stuff you listed that goes into fielding a team. How about grass seed, turface for the infield, any fence work, dugout repair, ... A screen or two cost a lot. Hitting socks for away games cost. I could go on and on.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I am wondering where the money went...the team took 15 players and they raised 250 each!!!! The only thing that the team provided was a jersey families had to purchase pants, belts and socks.

Each school is different, but we do not have multiple middle school teams in our area, we have one "feeder team" which is comprised of all the middle school kids who are districted to attend our HS. Our "feeder team" pays dues that go to the HS softball booster club. It is essentially treated as a Jr Jr Varsity and they play their games and practice on the HS field. To be honest it is probably just a cash cow for the HS booster club, but most of us just view it as "paying it forward".....

Jun 12, 2015
I agree with just about everyone else. Say something, assume oversight, suggest they get an extra season for having missed most of the one they signed up for. Particularly if the $250 per girl was the only money paid, that does not sound like very much to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs