Looking to buy broken in glove for left hand throw

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 19, 2012
West US
Might have the Lousiville Zephyr(? honestly have no idea what type aside from catchers mitt LHT) DD used at 10-11 before she got serious about catching in HS. If you are still looking...

May 16, 2016
My DD plays 8u and she is a natural lefty. I'm looking for a good broken in glove to buy for her that she can easily open and close. She has the Wilson A440 glove with Monsta web, it has an awesome natural pocket, but the inside of the glove is small, her hand won't go in all the way, like she really has to force her hand in it and this effects her ability to properly open and close the glove. She's pretty small for her age too, always the smallest on the team too. So, I was surprised by this. This is my second glove I've bought for her this season, other one is a higher end that I caught on clearance, but it's just too much glove for her right now and it's put up for later use. If anyone has an older glove they are willing to part with, I would be interested in buying. Thanks in advance!

If the Wilson is too small, I'm assuming you have the 11" size, it also comes in a 12 and 12.5". If you are happy with the Wilson, just move up to a larger size. Also, if she is having issues getting her hand in the glove, make sure she is not trying to stuff multiple fingers into the same finger on the glove.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06