Looking for some feedback on Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 13, 2011
Your join date says 2011. It may mean you spent all your time on all the other 'threads'? What do you see in your DD's swing. What do you like and don't like? What do you and your DD think you should be working on or doesn't need working on? It would help me on helping others who post their DD's swings.

Yea I spent most of time on pitching side. Lately we been working on getting her to feel that stretch on her load without getting outside her back leg. Also been working on getting shoulders in better position, front shoulder below back. I do think her swing can be a little shorter. Her bat speed and ball exit speed are pretty good but I think she has a lot more in her. A lot with her in game situations is timing but the swing you see here is a little different so she hasn't been in game yet.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Yea I spent most of time on pitching side. Lately we been working on getting her to feel that stretch on her load without getting outside her back leg. Also been working on getting shoulders in better position, front shoulder below back. I do think her swing can be a little shorter. Her bat speed and ball exit speed are pretty good but I think she has a lot more in her. A lot with her in game situations is timing but the swing you see here is a little different so she hasn't been in game yet.
Good stuff you're saying. A lot of times, you will see a little excessive counter-rotation on tee swings and that will lengthen the swing. Ask her to look out and visualize a pitch coming in, and not to stare at the ball on the tee.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
I agree that it is a good swing.

I think it can be even shorter also.

just have to keep that knob from losing that race with the rear elbow.
That would drive the barrel around much quicker.

laurentest8fr.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

I am trying to use video, including software such as Kinoveo, to use as a teaching tool. so I keep trying to learn new ways, (new to me) to use all these free resources.

Its a learning curve, hard on an old brain, but it might be very productive, if I can find a way to use it in away that the girls can really see, rather than just showing clips, of great swings.

does this gif help in any way Goetz?

this site is such a great resource. rock the u bite the bicep moon the pitcher I going to need a bigger cue bucket

Jun 13, 2011
laurentest8fr.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

I am trying to use video, including software such as Kinoveo, to use as a teaching tool. so I keep trying to learn new ways, (new to me) to use all these free resources.

Its a learning curve, hard on an old brain, but it might be very productive, if I can find a way to use it in away that the girls can really see, rather than just showing clips, of great swings.

does this gif help in any way Goetz?

this site is such a great resource. rock the u bite the bicep moon the pitcher I going to need a bigger cue bucket

Yes these videos are great. I really see what they mean by her back elbow losing race with knob in comparison to Cabrera etc... Anyone have suggestions on drill to get her to feel the correct movement.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
AllanCraig_1Bview.gif
ACraig_1Bview_launch.gif

wtj688.gif

Noontime Drill:
Here is the Allan Craig clip with some pauses thrown in. The first pause is the start of the "drill" see how the rear leg is already turning in and his upper is pulling back at that point. Start at the pause with those things happening. You should be able to launch at 50% effort (or something less than 100%) an essentially end at the second pause. Launch... from pause to pause. Apply the inward pressure and never let it go. Resist with everything above and never let it go.
ACraig_1Bview_rearleg.gif

Try it and feel it. I guarantee it is different than any swing mechanic you have tried, and certainly different than anything your words have describe thus far.

You've got balls don't you? Use em... apply the pressure to take your pocket to your junk and don't ever let it go. I don't care what you do with your stride. I don't care what you do with your elbow. I don't care what you do with your hands, I don't care what you do with your rear foot. Inward pressure with the leg, resist with everything above.... just like what is happening at the first pause. Create those opposing forces.. where they meet is in the rear hip... just try...learn to launch from there. Words words words... mean nothing until you try it and feel it.

Best of luck to you.
--NoonTime

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd