Looking for some camera help for recording games

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2013
I'm looking to get a set up to be used mostly for recording softball games. DD's previous coach had a go pro set up with a lynkspyder mount and an extended battery that worked pretty well. I'd like to get a similar set up but am looking for advice on which Go Pro model works best for this application as well as help with settings, etc for best performance. Also, any advise of specific accessories that will be beneficial if any.

in addition, I'd like to start editing some video's and such. Any advice on how to get started with that?

Aug 20, 2013
I fully intend to use the lynkspyder bracket for sure. Just not sure which camera is the best to go with and what accessories I'll need to be able to record a full day at the fields?

Oct 10, 2011
Last edited:
Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
Hero 4 with open sided case, fast 64GB card (more than 1 maybe), external battery and something to secure it.

LynkSpyder Equipment

I have the Hero 4 Silver and I really like how I can control it with my iPhone. I pause between innings without having to get up from my comfy chair!

Jun 12, 2015
Battery back up is a must. We also have 2 SD cards. Between games we swap them out and copy games over to my laptop to make space for the next one. Lynk Spyder is required! Definitely the best way to film a game IMO. We film pretty much all the games, I don't really know why. Just to have them I suppose. If I have to miss a game to take our older one to one of her games, I can watch it later, which is nice. Though now my older one is going from rec to travel. So maybe that means I have to get a second set to film all of hers too. My brain hurts (so does my bank account).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06