Looking for a new tryout form

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

waukeshahurricanes

Hurricanes Island
Sep 12, 2011
Hello all I have been using the same for 5 years but as the club has grown I am wondering if someone has something better than I am using out there. My form is 1 sheet per player which has detail but gets awkward when you have alot of kids per age group flipping pages, etc,,, Any help out there

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
The way I have seen it is: players get a number (sequentially in order that they register), this number is pinned to back of their shirt. Then the coaches evaluating will already have a spreadsheet (per age group) printed out with numbers in left column and then skills/measurements in columns thereafter with last column being notes. This will be on a clipboard Like this:

Player # | BR - Home to 1B | BR - Home to Home | Arm Speed | Fielding (however you measure this) | Hitting (however you measure this) | Pitch Speed | # of pitches | POP Time

That way, you are taking notes by player #, and you never see the sheets until after tryouts are done. Whoever is organizing the player registration should have these in order for you (by player#) before end of tryout should the coaches want to talk to parents/players afterwards. Not sure how others have done it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG