Lets see one of yours better than this one RICH!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
ChapterBraunChapter1.gif

ChappyCabreraChappy.gif

How many frames of video do lilchap's hands come forward before Brauns?

Once again, he's been exposed for the fraud he is. He mocked my 12yo son who was performing a back-chaining, hands-only exercise. In addition, the speed of the exercise was only 50% because it was the FIRST day we had ever tried it.

The beauty of his fraudulent behavior is, you get an insight into how he deliberately misreads each and every video, to match his current narrative/deception. Otherwise, he'd explain why he made a video to point out why the hands move first with Braun YET Miggy's hands move first in the other comparison.

Oh how the worm turns.

Here's my prediction. He will now string together a flurry of nonsensical, non sequiturs in order to bury his deception. These will come in a barrage of posts, in hopes that this one gets buried deep. Let's see.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
The weather up North must be getting cold. Reading this thread it is obvious that some folks have nothing to do but hang out on the PC in their moms basement. :)

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
The weather up North must be getting cold. Reading this thread it is obvious that some folks have nothing to do but hang out on the PC in their moms basement. :)
Says the man who has twice as many posts in a year and half less time...

shhhh, my mom helped me out with that one.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Hey CB, wondering when BB moved to more of an open stance and open swing launch?

Freshman year of college. She was not prepared for the river calls and so, originally, we made that adjustment early on because she was getting pounded inside. Then, she found that she really loaded her back hip and could "sit" longer. We took her and had her back toe closer to the batter's box line and then open knowing that the pitcher's adjustment would be outside. Also, that was about the time on the message boards, everyone was talking about getting two eyes on the ball early. I think the two videos are great examples of her ability to adjust given one pitch is in the river outside and the other is in the river inside. (Ok, so the inside pitch was a little over the plate (lol) but it was supposed to be in the river.)

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Just throwing this out here. Discussion on 4 different web sites going on about Launch & Direct/Direct & Launch and Adjustability of when it happens and can happen. Before, after or during.

https://www.phoenixbats.com/baseball...fographic.html

Where ever it is, there isn't alot of time. For those saying that the adjustability happens after launch, this graph says you have about .2 seconds to change your initial pitch read from once you start your swing until you make contact.

Then I found this, and if it is on the internet, it must be correct - right???
You can wiki the conduction velocity of A alpha fibers that send innervation to your muscles which is ~100 m/s. If you imagine your muscle being two meters away from your brain (like in your leg), then it would take approximately 20 ms. Your also gonna have to add on the time it takes for the neuro transmitters to dock, release, and travel across the synaptic cleft, which shouldn't be too long because the cleft is only 20-40 nm. Maybe tack on a few milliseconds.
The second part of the calculation is the motor circuit in the brain. The cortex must send a signal to the basal ganglia to begin to motor movement. The pathway Involves the striatum --> globes pallidus internus and substantia nigra pars reticulata --> thalamus --> and back to the cortex. Oddly enough, I just had this lecture given to be by my med school professor and he said that this circuit takes about 50ms to run through.
So if you add it all together, it's gonna be ~70ms plus some for neurotransmitter release. Generally I would looks at it to be somewhere between 40-110ms just to be safe.
Btw this was all done assuming we are not trying to intake any information from the environment. This value is from your brain making the decision to move and the your muscle moving. It's not the time it takes for input to reach your brain, your brain coming up with a plan, and then executing it.

So in that .2 seconds or 200ms, you need to re-read the pitch (40-110ms) and then send back the message to your muscles to adjust. This is done in 1/2 the time it takes to blink.

Based on this, I think the adjustability happens when in that first .08 seconds (or very soon after) you make a read, begin firing the messages from brain to body to start your swing to end up at your calculated contact point in space - but then immediately realize you made a mistake and send out another message to make an abrupt change. That second message is going out while the body is just beginning to respond to the first message, and then that second message arrives in time for the body to make the small changes ahead of contact point. I guess what I am saying is that the adjustment begins before swing launch, but it shows itself after launch.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013

I don't like it, there is no ability to adjust in that swing. This is the opposite of educated hands.

Exactly. The kid is learning to lose the barrel and stall the rear elbow. A smarter choice, would be to learn how to back chain this below sequence. Get right at the top and learn to load the barrel upon "swing launch" while Direction is being achieved. LAUNCH the barrel THROUGH the ball.

Mr. Fluff is attempting to silence this excellent information. It would mean he would have to revamp and fess up. His ego is too large for that and his revenue is at stake. It's about ego and money with him, FACT!

This right here killed him. It's what prompted Tewks and Pronk to seek me out at BBD:
1CB%20Hands.gif

Tewks leaving argument was over the rear elbow getting stuck. Where do you think he got that from Fluffy? How do you think Steven changed over the winter? Do you really think it was more of the SAME as he had been doing for 6-7 years???? LOL

CHECKMATE!

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009

For the guy who asked what Kill the mole was.

FFS, would this be an example of what you think my drill does? If so, I understand your dislike. NO, my drill is predicated on hips leading, going slow, ALMOST an instant connection to shoulders - release of hands and bat aligns with lead forearm. (Hard to explain here without showing) If you remember some of the "neck swings" from SE, then the tip and rip running action into some of those. Naturally, then it involves both pelvic and lateral tilt. Again, this is from conversations/posts/pms with all of you guys that basically said that BB's hand action was not good early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1