Lets see one of yours better than this one RICH!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Cannonball you are out of line. Nowhere in his post did Jryan mention, refer, or allude to your DD.

You did that.

In other matters...

The fact is, learning to swing by committee input can't hold a candle to a concise well focused plan that regards the Hansen Principle as paramout.

The simple 3 step framework is the solid base that many have taken away from the other site.

1. Teach a hand pivot point
2. Teach a rear hip pivot point
3. Teach how to synchronize the two

The fallout occurs when what you offer doesn't or can't conform to the Hansen Principle...for example all elite MLB hitters perform from behind a well defined and solid corner.

Maybe we can help him out. If I had to guess, and anyone is free to correct me, I'd say the first concept in Howe's framework would be:

1. Teach how to direct then launch or maybe it's direct and launch, I'm not sure

At leaste that's a start. But I'd guess this is as far as it will get.

He'll just continue to pull video to display to the unwitting from threads like this one...

http://www.discussfastpitch.com/sof...ot-your-students-not-your-dds-your-swing.html

...showing doctored video and feeding his giant ego, rather than joining others and just manup with an instructional clip of himself...

Not out of line at all. jryan states that the only way a girl can have success in college ball is if they are strong and can overcome their terrible mechanics. In doing so, he insulted every female player's efforts. I count my dd as one of those that busted rear and so doesn't deserve to be attacked by some rear who's own son (Voldamont) couldn't measure up with the swing/philosophy/mechanics you guys are promoting. Roga, I've shown video of my kid from the time she was 10. Most of this site has seen that video. You challenged Howe to show his work. I showed my dd's video now show your dd's or student! Step up to this.

I also don't hide behind screen names. So, ...

Darrell Butler

Nov 29, 2011

I'm not on here enough to know who is in who's camp, so I don't know who's camp this GIF is from.

I do know however..... the person who made this GIF of himself thinks he is doing a great job or he wouldn't of captured it, so kudos to the effort. But personally I find a few faults with it that will prevent successful hitting.

1. The reverse 'C' is a sign of not being balanced, this is not good IMO
2. Being out of balance causes the head to be more sideways then straight up and down, this is not good IMO
3. Although there is some weight shift, it is in a poor direction, this is not good IMO
4. Ground Reaction Force is poor, this swing does not develop from the ground up, this is not good IMO

Hopefully I'm understood that this is my opinion, but the above mentioned are decreasing athletic movement.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Backing up what I say off of a 1st Team All American:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/g8LUAspoH8k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DBiS_OZPvwM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
They deny the deep whoosh as an absolute.
Look at him fallback on the make believe... It's about the most stupid nonsense out there. And the King of Dopes claims an IDENTICAL match. Yep, he did...

This clip was originally "labeled" "barrel turn". His admitted philosophy is "first turn the barrel THEN FIND the ball". Is that what Tony said?
BSHandTurn.gif

I've never seen him use so many disclaimers. Must have been caught in a lie?

Let's see how Manny goes about his business.
MannysHands.gif

Manny is doing what Tony said/did. Oh My!

ROGA, what did Tony say again?????

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
OMG, he just blamed me for cutting off Manny's barrel! Seriously. Even after everything Tony said he still wants to stare at the barrel.

Folks, adsorb the lunacy of this Carbuncle.

When he zoomed in on Manny he was sure to cut off his barrel.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2011
Look at him fallback on the make believe... It's about the most stupid nonsense out there. And the King of Dopes claims an IDENTICAL match. Yep, he did...

This clip was originally "labeled" "barrel turn". His admitted philosophy is "first turn the barrel THEN FIND the ball". Is that what Tony said?
BSHandTurn.gif

I've never seen him use so many disclaimers. Must have been caught in a lie?

Let's see how Manny goes about his business.
MannysHands.gif

Manny is doing what Tony said/did. Oh My!

ROGA, what did Tony say again?????

Still got to take a peek at the other site don't you..
Clip doctoring...name calling..., the usual from you.

We see the pool hall guy.
We see Manny.

One clip of you duplicating what Manny is doing will end the back and forth with a mighty, mighty blow. And everybody will see than Howe owned the pool hall guy.
Just one.
You got mine. You got the pool hall guy. Where's yours.

You won't post one because you know just how difficult it is to try to match video of the elite MLB hitter. You know how difficult it is to come up with a framework, using your own concepts, and words, that can be taught and produce a video that matches the elite.

That's why you won't manup. It is what forever fuels the disagreement.

You have no qualms using the hitters of the moms and dads here as your petri dish to flesh out your 'anything but the other site' concepts. Just watch my video doctoring and do as I say is all you have.

Video doctoring isn't enough proof. Video doctoring is used to show that a man leap over tall buildings in a single bound...and it looks real!

No sample video of you demonstrating your concepts.
No definitive frame work to follow except 'anything but the other site'.

Computer monitor swing expert.

Must be OK for some...

Where are you?

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Roga, you're just another crybully. Is Jermaine ready to post yet? I'd understand if you didn't TRUST others to view his swing objectively... :D Been there.

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
UMMMM,
If you really cared to listen to Tony's advice, he said (let me paraphrase) "if you want to give yourself a CHANCE for success"...

Gwynn5.gif
Gwynn1.gif
Gwynn3.gif

Tony Gwynn is Tony Gwynn. He's giving his most basic advice, ignore it as much as your EGO requires. :D

• What I did best was hit the ball the other way.
  • Let the ball travel and let it get deep.
  • Made a living, fastball away.
  • It’s all about hands positioning.
  • I understood that if I got into a good position, and if I took my hands on the right path throughout my swing, that I was going to have a chance of success.
  • We really have to focus on the process.
  • I tried to let it get deep as much as I could.
  • But ultimately I wasn’t a guess hitter, I didn’t really anticipate a whole lot, I just kind of trusted my eyes and trusted if I got my hands in the right position, that I could hit it.

Compare that with:
1. Teach a hand pivo t point
2. Teach a rear hip pivot point
3. Teach how to synchronize the two

One talks about learning to hit the ball and the other talks about practicing some make believe drills. Duh!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1