Let's discuss kneesavers...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Both NECC and Jen Schro advocate keeping the butt up, and getting the chest over the top of the ball to direct it down to the ground. A low butt will also tend toward having a more vertical chest, which is not only going to cause the ball to bounce farther away, but also more likely to go left or right.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
I love an athletic catcher. Take an athlete and tie pillows to the backs of their legs and see how athletic they are.

This is the exact reason my DD took hers off. She started catching because she wanted to try something different and being a lefty there are not as many options. She is very quick so her athleticism is one of her best attributes as a catcher. She wore them fro about a month and once she tried her gear on without them they were gone. The less bulk on her legs the better she felt.

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
If there is a general perception that a catcher who is wearing knee savers is lazy then I don't want them on DD. I asked once 4 years ago and after hearing it from multiple people that catchers who wore them could be thought of as being lazy, I never again showed intrest in them. DD has never and will never wear them. She does just fine without them

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
If there is a general perception that a catcher who is wearing knee savers is lazy...

There are more than a few MLB catchers who might take exception to that perception lol!

IMO, if I see a catcher and am evaluating her ability, knee savers or none will have no bearing on how I rate her. If she's lazy, she'll be lazy with or without them and it'll show.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles