Legal or Not - (Realize this has been a hot topic of late in separate threads)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 16, 2021

This seems like a good spot to see what people think about the snip in the youtube link above that was from a HS game earlier this month - legal or not under any rules body (NCAA, NFHS, PGF, USA, etc)

Thanks

Jun 8, 2016

This seems like a good spot to see what people think about the snip in the youtube link above that was from a HS game earlier this month - legal or not under any rules body (NCAA, NFHS, PGF, USA, etc)

Thanks

I thought this was a good spot?

She shut you guys out?

Nov 16, 2021
I thought this was a good spot?

She shut you guys out?
She did - nothing to do with that more to understand the rule - she is clearly a very good pitcher but seems to fit the definition of a replant which is a clear competitive advantage.

Nov 16, 2021
Fair enough.
I really don't care as it is a HS softball game - the rules have been changed to basically provide a lot of benefit to the pitchers which is fine but when the only illegal pitch that is called is because a girl has her hand in the glove when she steps on the pitching plate (still trying to understand that one but it's a rule so is what it is) and others which are also defined are just passed over just looking to understand. To top it off is the comments made in these situations of 'do you want me to call it every pitch - I can't do that as it would slow down the game' -

Thanks for the push back and healthy check of folks on this forum

Jun 8, 2016
I really don't care as it is a HS softball game - the rules have been changed to basically provide a lot of benefit to the pitchers which is fine but when the only illegal pitch that is called is because a girl has her hand in the glove when she steps on the pitching plate (still trying to understand that one but it's a rule so is what it is) and others which are also defined are just passed over just looking to understand. To top it off is the comments made in these situations of 'do you want me to call it every pitch - I can't do that as it would slow down the game' -
What's to understand? The umpires either cannot see it, don't understand it or don't care about it. Whether you are a coach or a parent I am not sure there is much you can do about any of that...so why worry about it? I guess as a coach you can point it out to the umpire 🤷‍♂️

My kid has enough flaws as a hitter and fielder that I have my hands full worrying about all that.."control" what you can control.

Edit: and yes I realize this is a discussion board so I suppose I understand bringing it up here..it just seems that some people are overly concerned with something they really have no control over (if you are a pitcher's parent then I suppose it is a different story from the perspective of whether or not your kid should try and implement the leap/hop/skip/etc)

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2018
Texas
I think that is what the new standard is going to look like.
This pitcher really does have a lot of body control and sticks the plant foot. Most pitchers that are doing this style leak out over the plant leg after releasing the ball as the momentum carries them forward.

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
What's to understand? The umpires either cannot see it, don't understand it or don't care about it. Whether you are a coach or a parent I am not sure there is much you can do about any of that...so why worry about it? I guess as a coach you can point it out to the umpire 🤷‍♂️

My kid has enough flaws as a hitter and fielder that I have my hands full worrying about all that.."control" what you can control.

Edit: and yes I realize this is a discussion board so I suppose I understand bringing it up here..it just seems that some people are overly concerned with something they really have no control over (if you are a pitcher's parent then I suppose it is a different story from the perspective of whether or not your kid should try and implement the leap/hop/skip/etc)
Pitching coaches are who should be the most concerned group.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi