Keep your eyes on the ball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
My favorite part of the Hanson Principle is that Mark is a major adherent of Steve Englishbey, who many that quote the Hanson Principle disagree with. It's all a question of perception. It's a good starting point, but the finer you try to make it, the more you send yourself down the rathole.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
My favorite part of the Hanson Principle is that Mark is a major adherent of Steve Englishbey, who many that quote the Hanson Principle disagree with. It's all a question of perception. It's a good starting point, but the finer you try to make it, the more you send yourself down the rathole.

I am a longtime member of SE....Mark H is a really good guy, talked with him many a time.

SL

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
straightleg. Notice how the slimball on the other site only takes part of of a message and puts it on his board to prove a point. Hard to understand how anyone can't see what he does! Must be one heck of an ego to thank you are the only one right in the world.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Hopefully taken in the manner it is meant. Most who read 'his' site and this and other sites are smart enough to know some of what 'he' quotes is taken out of context. I don't agree with the negativity in 'his' post. I feel 'he' would get more respect by others if 'he' just stuck to hitting. I openly admitted to reading 'his' blog which I catch heat for. It is hard to argue with what he writes about and demo's in his blog. In spite of the negativity I think a dad would be wise to read his blog. JMHO.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Hopefully taken in the manner it is meant. Most who read 'his' site and this and other sites are smart enough to know some of what 'he' quotes is taken out of context. I don't agree with the negativity in 'his' post. I feel 'he' would get more respect by others if 'he' just stuck to hitting. I openly admitted to reading 'his' blog which I catch heat for. It is hard to argue with what he writes about and demo's in his blog. In spite of the negativity I think a dad would be wise to read his blog. JMHO.

When I did go there and read some of it, some of the comments did make me laugh.
Like.... Straightleg ship his pants....

SL

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
SL,
I have been the subject of a few post on HI. The way I look/read them is I offered bad advice and I was put in check. The way I think of it, it keeps me in check, and rightfully so. Makes me think before I post. Look, I know it hurts to see your name in a negative way and I understand that. On the positive side if not for HI blog I would not have known how to do the SNF, turning the barrel behind the corner and alot more. It may not be for everyone and they are free to chose. Another tool in a dads 'tool box'. If it matters I like you(SL) and Sbfamily and respect you both for what you do for the girls. Your helping your hitters and thats all that should matter. Now I'm off to HI for the response to this.:p Hopefully that made you laugh?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Question asked of a golf pro: "Do you focus your eyes behind the ball, on the ball, or in front of the ball?"

Golf pro's answer: "I look at the ball, but I don't see it. My mind is in my body (feeling what I want to do) and target."

Jim

Apr 24, 2011
Ohio
I think many out there under estimate the vision of some of the best professional hitters. They have vision much better than the average person. Many have as good as 20/12 vision.

They most definitely try to see the ball as well as they possibly can from the pitcher's hand to their bat.

All three pitch "segments" toward the plate are equally as important. All for different reasons.

FiveFrameSwing, Many of the photos that you are showing with hitters "not looking at the ball" are actually of the hitter prematurely looking out to see the batted ball flight out to the field. Something that can derail even the best hitter's chance for success.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Jim, a hitter cannot physically track a ball continuously from release to contact.

Despite that, I agree that hitters should find the ball early, at the pitcher's release, and attempt to track the ball to contact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves