Injury

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2014
Low and outside
I sprained my ulnar collateral ligament a few years ago. I played through it, because I only have so many seasons of old-man baseball left, but it was 9 months before I could throw without pain.

Having said that, I would take her to a sports doc.

Jan 25, 2011
Dd right now is shut down with a stress fracture in the growth plate in her hip. She is doing PT in a pool. She won't return to playing at least to February. Went to a orthopedic and the Dr. Said more then likely happened during a fall she had running cross/country and ran the rest of the season on it. Rest is the biggest prescription. Good luck

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I am not a doctor, but I have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.....take 3 months off, no sports or athletic activity, and thank me later.....my bill is in the mail!

Mar 21, 2013
Don't know where you live, but if you are in the So Cal area there is a great facility in with the EM Sports training complex in Anaheim that may be able to help diagnose and or rehab sports injuries. They athletes and ex athletes who work there so they tend to know a little more about different types of sports injuries. They helped a softball friend who had been misdiagnosed for some time.

Jun 6, 2012
Indiana
Thanks for all the info. We are currently seeing a sports Dr. We have a meeting with him and I am going to push for more rest and also schedule a second opinion with another Dr. Talked with DD last night and convinced her that the only way to get back to normal is to stay off it and get to 100% before starting up again. She understands and wants to fix it right.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma