Identifying Bats in the Super Regionals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
I am a gear hound and Love to see what the girls at the highest levels are using . While watching the Super regionals and other recent games leading up to them I keep seeing bats that I cannot recognize and that Google can't find either . I am seeing a Louisville Slugger One X that Hofstra is using and can't find anything about them online . Looks like a 2 piece composite . Anyone have any info on this bat ?

Also seeing some girls using what appear to be Slowpitch bats like Demarini's "The One" . Is this simply a remarked fastpitch bat in order to advertise their other offerings or are they actually using a slowpitch bat ?

May 7, 2008
Tucson
They are actually using a heavier bat. There is no differentiating between slow pitch and fast pitch bats, as long as they have the correct stamps. It is one reason that I advocate using a -10 or -9 bat, even when the girls are young. Swing the biggest bat that you can handle.

Mar 29, 2012
I believe the demarini is infact "The One". I think Hofstra was using Xeno's.

I saw several teams using Worth 454 legits, Easton Speed Stealths, Xeno's, and Demarini CF4 & 5.

I haven't seen any Miken's

Mar 13, 2012
I had the same question about the Hofstra Louisville Sluggers. They had the normal Xeno, the baby blue, dark blue that I hadnt seen and the one X was new to me also. It sounded like the normal Xeno but I couldnt find anything on it anywhere myself.

Mar 29, 2012
LSU is using a COMbat, not sure what make but think it is Virus and Virus morphed.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2011
Pretty much everyone on DD's team is waiting for the OneX to come out. The local division 2 college team is going to test it this fall so everyone is waiting for feedback.