I yelled at an umpire...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 1, 2013
So no one is going to comment on the third play? Where the fielder swept the girls hand OFF the bag?

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
"Third play was a steal. Catcher bobbled pitch and runner at 2nd took off. Same inning as second play. Girl slides to the outfield side of the bag and the tag actually swept her right hand off the base as left had was along her side. Safe. I lost it"

Well BU standing behind the SS WOULD have a better view than the HP since the runner slid to the OF side of the bag. So if the hand was swept off the bag, then that means she reached the bag before the tag was applied.... same as a SS pushing a runner off 2B on a steal. I'm sure it was a bang-bang play but it's a judgment call

Aug 9, 2013
Before every game, I talked to the umpire and always use the phrase, "We have over 20 girls hustling out here so all I ask of you is to hustle with them." They will normally smile and agree. I don't normally question calls unless they are woefully out of position. (Note at 10U locally here unless it's a title game, you have 1 umpire)

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Love your song, Sluggers...

I too have a hard time keeping my mouth shut with an incompetent blue... a missed call here or there, if its close...fine. But to be missing clear plays or having an inconsistent strike zone infuriates me. Its usually at that point my neck starts turning red!

Jun 7, 2013
Reading this yelling at the umpire thread reminds me of an old joke about a young Romeo type in confession sharing stories of his latest conquests with his Priest. After several minutes of this the Priest interrupted and asked, "Are you confessing, or bragging?"

Feb 21, 2012
I Yelled at Blue

(To the tune of "I kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry)

This was never the way I planned, not my intention.
I got so brave, behind the backstop, lost my discretion
It's not what I'm used to, just wanna try it out.
I'm angry with you, 'cause my kid just struck out.

[Chorus:]

I yelled at blue and I liked it,
His calls were so pathetic.
I yelled at blue just to try it,
I hope the coach don't mind it.
It felt so wrong,
it felt so right.
Don't mean I'm a Crazy Daddy..
I yelled at blue and I liked it (I liked it).

No, I don't even know your name, it doesn't matter.
You just have no clue about this game, you can't even see the batter.
It's not what good Dads do, not how they should behave.
But, I can't believe they let you have a razor to shave

[repeat chorus]

You umps are so fanatical,
Shin guards, spare tire, and oh so radical.
Hard to resist, so irreplaceable.
So awful, no way you can deny it.
And, one more thing, you're a Grade A idiot.

[repeat chorus]

This was funny, thanks

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Before every game, I talked to the umpire and always use the phrase, "We have over 20 girls hustling out here so all I ask of you is to hustle with them." They will normally smile and agree. I don't normally question calls unless they are woefully out of position. (Note at 10U locally here unless it's a title game, you have 1 umpire)

I think the chances are pretty good that you alienated any umpire who took the game seriously even before the first pitch was thrown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad