I Goofed, MyDGD has no TB team, what's next.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 4, 2009
Buffalo, NY
I tried to form a TB team within the organization I was with and failed leaving my DGD out in the cold. She tried out for the only 2 teams that still had openings and got cut. My question now, what next?

NEF

May 16, 2012
New England
I would web search known teams in the area, Try using active.com and eteamz or google softball, and your state. I know by looking at the local area teams websites that even though "tryouts" are over they are still posting openings. It seems everyone is still looking for catchers and pitchers, but many also need postion players to fill out their roster. Many training facilities also run fall ball this time of year and some offer winterball with individual registation

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I tried to form a TB team within the organization I was with and failed leaving my DGD out in the cold. She tried out for the only 2 teams that still had openings and got cut. My question now, what next?

Forget a team ... work all winter with her. Thats what we do...when things don't go as planned. I'm talking 3 times a week, without a team. Really I can teach DD alot more without the detraction of a team... she pitches, so we have been in our routine for a long time. Thats why we don't mess around with broken promises.( Our motto is... You lie, you cry ) They will be begging you in March... They all forgot their records from this year, and are all excited about a new start... a couple scrimmages next spring, and they'll be ready to find one that someone else trained...never quit practicing, no matter what :{))

Last edited:

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
There are always openings in the spring, so check then. And, do as PerfectCircle suggested...keep practicing this winter.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Look at Ohio Fastpitch Connection at the Softball Zone. There are plenty of teams in Erie that are still looking for players. I know it's better than an hours drive but it's a thought.

Aug 14, 2011
Enjoy the "down time" by doing lessons and guest playing as much as possible. She can keep up her skills and at the same time, see all the different types of teams that are out there. There are always spots open in the Spring. We did this one Fall, and we loved the freedom of schedule, she played every weekend that she wanted to, and DD found a home by Spring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55