Hurricane hitting machine

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Interesting device and I did not know it existed. Seems to make sense to me and would pick one up used if I could.

I hope others with experience will post.

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
Had one sold it. Didnt care for it. Unless you hit the ball perfectly square it bounces up and down as it returns to you and you have to stop it and start over

May 28, 2013
We have one, Make sure you anchor it well (Indoors, maybe some sandbags?) Our (her) only complaint is that we cannot use her good bat with it, and the Aluminium practice bat isn't balanced the same. As to the bouncing, I have seen 10-12 swings in a row without that problem. However, IMHO, any swing after the 3rd will not be a quality swing, and defeats the purpose.

Tom

Mar 13, 2014
Texas
I got one several years ago from a used sports store when still coaching young beginners team (5-6 yos). The only use we ever really had for it was to set up outside of dugout (when there was room) for the "in the hole" hitter to take a few cuts with before going on deck. Used a couple times in practice as a hitting station when players were first learning how to swing, but it really didn't offer any training value, and the kids just wanted to see how far around they could make it go. It takes a lot of clearance to use and have to constantly keep checking that no one is in the arm swing path (especially with young players). For reasonably experienced hitters, a bownet and tee are much better and easier. It is also pretty heavy and awkward to assemble / disassemble and move around. If you would be using it with her, just save yourself the hassle of setting it up and get a hitting stick to hold, that's basically all it is.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd