How to deal with a mean coach?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I have a '99 and I may have projected her on the OP. Good ballplayer, sharp, but easily beaten down by an agressive adult.

Jan 24, 2014
Michigan
The key point to keep in mind for any coach is that all kids are not the same and should not be treated the same in terms of motivation. I talked at length to teachers about this same subject. Some kids need a hug, some need a kick in the butt and a good coach/teacher knows and understand who needs what and when to give it to them. Just yelling for the sake of being loud does no translate into a quality ball player, but properly motivating each kid as an individual will help each kid reach their potential, be successful, and enjoy the game.

Like many have already said, talking to the coach may be extremely appropriate and necessary if this is how the poster feels. Based on that conversation decisions will have to be made. I will say that I can't imagine a kid coming to me with a concern like this (assuming it's valid) and not taking it to heart and doing what I could to make this kid feel differntly about the situation. If as a coach You're not willing to listen to your players and take an honest look at what you're doing and how you are being perceived by someone than shame on you. Not saying you have to change if you feel you are in the right, but we owe it to the athletes to consider the things they say to us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michellehopkins80