how many touranments do you play

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2011
Let me ask this: for those of you playing more than 5-7 tournaments, how much are you paying per year? My player fee is $500, for which they play 1 indoor tournament, 5 this summer, and league play during the week (doubleheaders twice a week). That is with fundraising included!
ETA: That also paid for uniforms, bat bags, and helmets.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Let me ask this: for those of you playing more than 5-7 tournaments, how much are you paying per year? My player fee is $500, for which they play 1 indoor tournament, 5 this summer, and league play during the week (doubleheaders twice a week). That is with fundraising included!

Last team that I coached played 15 tournaments, and fees were about $900. Could've been less, but organization mandated an upgrade in uniforms w/ matching bat bags and other non-essentials. I was able to run a previous team through a similar schedule for only about $500. We did have a good deal at a local park for use of fields and cages. On a new team that my DD joined last year, I don't recall, but think it was closer to $600, but difference here is the local habit to charge gate fees everywhere, so that might be another $100-200. Plus, field time is more expensive.

Jun 11, 2013
Last year we paid 110/month all 12 months. 18-20 tournaments at 450-475 a piece adds up. We also have an indoor facility that we pay for year round. We had our own cage that we could almost always find time to hit/pitch and often the field is empty. Also includes outdoor facilities in the spring/summer/fall.

Did not include uniforms

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now

Because of the 2 showcases we are playing, team fees this year were $900 plus we were on the hook for an additional $200 for the organizational fundraiser. Whatever we didn't raise, we had to make up the difference. Team fees included 2 uniforms, socks, bat bags, helmets, two 2 1/2 hour practices a week at our indoor practice facility, outdoor practice fields and the 14 tourneys.

Apr 1, 2010
DD's team has a dozen tournaments planned this spring/summer, plus a first for them, they're going to play league ball on Tuesday evenings. From the tentative team list, it's going to be worthwhile for our girls, and by entering the league, the park will give the team a regular practice slot.

Apr 1, 2010
I'm not quite sure on the amount. I found a check slip for $381 from this fall, but I believe I had paid $100 or more prior to that also. We're also all chipping in $49 a girl to pay for hitting tunnel time this winter. We hope to cover the rest of the year with our fundraising again.

...Includes three Worth jerseys, two pairs of the nicer Worth fastpitch pants, a choice of Worth batting gloves, a Worth bat bag and the Worth fastpitch bat of the player's choice. As a catcher, DD gets a wheeled Worth catcher's bag instead of the backpack players bag and a free set of Worth catching gear. It's pretty darned awesome being a Worth-sponsored team IMO.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
DD's team has a dozen tournaments planned this spring/summer, plus a first for them, they're going to play league ball on Tuesday evenings. From the tentative team list, it's going to be worthwhile for our girls, and by entering the league, the park will give the team a regular practice slot.

Which league are you playing Ms D

Apr 1, 2010
Which league are you playing Ms D

We're going to be out at Hidden Valley with O's Simbeck, Lightning Walls, Core, Bandits, probably Jazz...

Man, I really like O's Simbeck. They thrashed us in a scrimmage once, but were so classy doing it. :-D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krugersoftball