how many touranments do you play

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2012
How many tournaments does everyone have? We are 14U 'A', if that matters, and mostly 8th grade so our season starts in April. We have 8 tournamnets and a national. This is the least amount of tournaments DD has played, its been 12 the past 2 seasons. Just wondering what others schedule is like. We are pretty much off every other weekend. Right now, I'm not sure what I am going to do with all the free weekends, lol. Also, don't know if its a good thing to play fewer tournaments and have practice on the Off weekends.

So, please share your schedule please.

Thanks

May 31, 2012
12u B team. 13 tournaments between now and usfa world series. Works out to 2-3 times per mth.

Dec 11, 2010
I hate the every other weekend off format.

If your kid has a bad weekend, it's two weeks before they have a chance to make it back and if they are smoking hot they lose the momentum before they get to play again. The summer one of my dd's did that she was kind of blah all summer.

My 12u is playing 10 weekends, two states and a national, (13 tournaments). My 16u's coach hasn't finalized but they will play every weekend all summer after high school ball is over. He used to schedule three weekends on one off but the girls all wanted to play every weekend.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2012
April and May is getting ready for the summer, wouldn't worry about playing every weekend plus HS ball is still being played in most of the country. Once June is here then it is qualifiers and showcases. Premier, ASA and Colorado(Boulder or Fireworks) are where you probably need to be for most national exposure, if that is what the team is looking for. From May 23 to Aug 2 we will play 9 tournaments, 4 will be week long formats. This is pretty common for many teams.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
My DD hasn't picked a team yet, but she's gotten schedules from three teams she's looked at.

One will play 12 tournaments from now through July, ending in a national.
One will play 20 tournaments from now through the end of the year.
One will play 15 tournaments from now through the end of the year.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
My DD hasn't picked a team yet, but she's gotten schedules from three teams she's looked at.

One will play 12 tournaments from now through July, ending in a national.
One will play 20 tournaments from now through the end of the year.
One will play 15 tournaments from now through the end of the year.

OH MY GOODNESS!!! You are very busy! You must live in a nicer climate than we do.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
OH MY GOODNESS!!! You are very busy! You must live in a nicer climate than we do.

I think 20 is going overboard, especially considering that a good number of those are out of state. Not likely she will wind up on that team.

But I would guess my DD has averaged about 14-15 tournaments/year the past three years. I assumed that's pretty typical for most travel players her age (14U). Perhaps this thread will shed light on that. I'd expect many on this forum to have daughters who've played even more.

Jan 24, 2011
We have to wait for HS ball to be over , so we will start around Mid-May. We will be playing 15 tournaments between Mid-May and end of September

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Second year 14U A. We will be playing a total of 14 for the year. 3 in the Fall, 2 over Winter indoors and playing 9 (2 of which are showcases) through tourney season starting when HS ball finishes up. Our last tourney will either end in PGF Regionals which we already qualified for, possibly the ASA Nationals or PGF Nationals depending on whether we qualify or not.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
You guys are killing me! You'all must be in the south.

We start after high school season (end of May) and go to mid August, doing ONLY 6 tournaments. Then we do a six-week fall league of double header Saturdays mid September through October. Then the snow hits.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCockell