How Far Should Balls Hit Off of a Tee Go?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Balance-sway. . I can't post Bustos, but if you post them side by side you will see the difference, starts with the back hip. . The problem with a T, you sometimes get what I call a slow pitch swing, which is how far you can hit it over the fence.

Mar 3, 2010
Suburb of Chicago, IL
Would like to know where that hitters is now. I will keep trying to find the post of this hitter. I believe FFS had a conversation with her coach or the person who videoed her on this site. Maybe when he is done drinking his free coffee he will respond.

I believe this is the same girl that is in the video. The location is the same. I also believe the video with the stool was from an older site called FastpitchTraining.com. The coach was Mark Mulvaney who now runs fastpitchscoutingreport.com

Fastpitch Scouting Report - Chaley Brickey - 2012 - YouTube

Fastpitch Softball Hitting - Chaley Brickey - YouTube

(You can find anything on the Internet these days...) If this is the same player she is a freshman at Kansas.

Chaley Brickey Profile - University of Kansas Official Athletic Site

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
Coming at this from a slightly different angle it might not be too difficult to calculate how much further a hitter could hit a ball if it was pitched at say 60 mph.

So, if a player can hit a ball 180' off a tee, using the equations in physics of baseball you might be able to ballpark an estimate using the COR for a softball. I don't know if the flight characteristics of a softball might be too different though.

IIRC approx 1/6th of distance is contributed by pitcher for a MLB homerun. 5/6th is powered by the hitter.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
And my pitcher would be throwing 1. fast (foul or look) 2. fast (foul) 3. change up (strike) 1-2-3.

High School

Played three years and graduated early from Haltom High School in Haltom City, Texas... Played under coach Allison Conaway... Ranked No. 22 on ESPN Softball 2012 Recruiting Class after cranking out a .643 batting average and 40 RBIs, while striking out just once in her final campaign with the Buffalos... As a freshman was awarded All-District, District Defensive Player of the Year, Golden Glove Award, Haltom High School MVP and Academic All-District... As a sophomore was All-District, Academic All-District, won the Silver Bat Award, District MVP, and was 2011 All VYPE MVP. As a junior was named to Star-Telegram Super Team, All-VYPE team, was team MVP, Academic All-District and District 6 5A MVP... Was top 10% of class freshman and sophomore year.

Shame the pitchers in her high school league didn't think about that method. Maybe she would have stuck out twice?

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
No doubt this Haltom girl has proven herself somewhere. Looks like she had committed to Kansas her freshman year.

One thing I caught looking around is Texas has a higher than normal number of batters with .600 or better batting average. So of coarse I dug a little deeper into the pile for some statistics.

Texas's top ten BA only average 64 at bats for a season. ( .684-.633 )

Tn :) top ten BA, average 97 at bats for a season. ( .697-.505 )

My DD had 123 at bats last spring in HS.

Nationally best BA, averaged 72 at bats. ( .855-.713 )

What do you think? I know I feel higher AB's can more accurately describe a hitter’s tendency over a period of time. 2 cents

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
Here's another young girl hitting some over. Ball is out front. I wonder how many MLB players could hit it out with ball over the plate.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
The ones I coach (bad) and the ones I don't coach (good)?
Stretch and seperation. Is what I'm all about right now.

Served it to me didn't you?

S

Wasn't trying to "serve you" Just looking at swings and getting you envolved.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA