High School Softball Check in

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
DD's HS team beat a perennial powerhouse tonight to go 2-2 even though this powerhouse is a class lower in the divisions. However, this same team beat them last year 11-3 last year, usually goes deep into states or wins it in their division, and was a good win and confidence booster for them.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
6-0 in district so far. Second round starts today at 5:00p against last year's State champs. Beat them 6-0 the first time. Hope we get the W again today. DD is loving this HS thing!

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2011
DD is now two games into her high school career. They lost both games and probably won't win many this year. Coach is a good guy but brand new to fastpitch - dd has been a bit frustrated with him over the last few weeks. But you know what? She's really having fun! No drama on the team whatsoever. The girls love her (we are new to this community and she's only a part time student at the school so we were worried about how she would be treated). She's getting a chance to play shortstop and she's playing great. Hoping the spirits remain high as the losses pile up, but so far so good. Playing a powerhouse on Monday. Wish us luck. And then a DFP clash on Wednesday as dd's team takes on laker's dd's team. The bell tolls for thee, laker!!!!! :)

Jan 3, 2014
Let the battle for last place commence! 16-1 loss last night! We can sit together next week. You cheer for mine. I'll cheer for yours.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Haven't posted in a little while on here. We won again Wednesday afternoon. However there was an unfortunate injury on the other team. We won 6-4. We don't play again until Tuesday.

Oct 10, 2011
We're up to a 12-4 record with 2 losses against a school out of our division and one loss one win against the defending state champs... DD is having fun but ready to move on...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
In conference the team is .500 splitting games with every school. Out of conference they are 1-3. The total is 7-10. It looks like they actually might make the district tournament but I don't know how far they'll go.

They had a HS showcase tournament yesterday and today which is supposed to be pretty prestigious. Unfortunately it was rained out last night and then they were able to play today....all of one inning before the rain started again and the tournament was called. At least they were up 3-2 after 1.

On another note, I'm glad the pitchers wear fielders masks on this team. Today was the second time this year that the starting pitcher took a comebacker to the mask. She had no time to react. Both times the girls were playing in a light drizzle and it was hard to grip the ball so she left it fat over the plate.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Our regular season ended on Thursday with a 7-2 win. Coach had me pitching to give me a small break from catching and to give our JV catcher some innings. I pitched 5 Innings. Gave up 2 runs on 5 hits striking out 8 and walking 1. Then she had me behind the plate for the last 2 innings throwing out a base runner at second. Batting, I went 2 of 3 with a single and a home run, my 7th of the season. Now it's onto districts where we are the number one seed and play on Tuesday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish