High School Softball Check in

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
Varsity is 8-3, 2-1 in conference. Play the 3-0 team tonight. Last year we lost in the state semi-finals to the eventual state champs and we expect to contend for the championship again, although 2 other teams (maybe 3) in our conference are good enough to contend also. It will be a dog fight.

(Mild brag addendum): DD (freshman) has been playing for JV, and will dress with the varsity for the first time tomorrow. She's pretty excited about it. JV is 6-1. As a pitcher, DD is 2-0 with a save and a 1.70 ERA. When not in the circle she's been the DP, and is hitting .500. We have another strong freshman pitcher at JV, and varsity has a good sophomore pitcher backing up an excellent senior. Lots of healthy competition in the next few years to help the girls push each other to become even better.

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
Freshman DD got pulled up to varsity couple weeks ago, and we've been waiting (patiently?) for the official roster with her name on it. Went up yesterday! Our HS is ranked 2nd in the state, 10-0 and 4-0 conf. DD got to start 2 games during Spring Break while some of the older girls were gone, but will likely sit quite a bit. She knows this and doesn't care - she's having a blast! This team won state 3 years ago, and definitely wants it again. They are fun to watch - tough kids who work hard and have fun. Tonight is a team-bonding night, and I think our 4 freshman are in for it! I'm having trouble watching my 14yo get into a car with an 18yo young woman and drive off.

Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
DD's team is off to a great start! 18-2 overall and 9-0 in the district. MaxPreps has us ranked 4 in the state. Had two great wins this week, beating the other top three teams in our district (two perennial powerhouses) and going 4-0 on the week. Go Panthers!

This sounds great. Keep it rolling.

We faced Siegel on Tuesday. Westfall no-hitted us, and we got run-ruled 10-0 in 5. We will be ok in a year or two (hopefully), playing with 5 freshman starters including the starting pitcher :eek:

Sep 18, 2011
First game of dd's high school career (first school ball ever) is next Tuesday against the defending big school state champs, assuming the #$%*^#^%&*&^%ing snow ever stops. The team has some very good players, but the conference is absolutlely loaded with pitching (and hitting) and my guess is that dd's team will be a decided underdog in nearly every game. Only three pitchers in the program, one for each team (9th grade, jv, and varsity), and that makes me really nervous. Our best pitcher appears to be an 8th grader. She is very good for her age but I fear her lack of physical maturity will be a huge factor, especially in the later innings. 20 game schedule. and I understand that Vegas has set the over/under for our win total at 6 1/2.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
This sounds great. Keep it rolling.

We faced Siegel on Tuesday. Westfall no-hitted us, and we got run-ruled 10-0 in 5. We will be ok in a year or two (hopefully), playing with 5 freshman starters including the starting pitcher :eek:

They are tough for sure. Saw them play a few weeks ago at Warner. We got put out 3-1 by a team from Illinois that finished second to them. Our #1 is a freshman. She's been tearing it up so far this season.

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
First game of dd's high school career (first school ball ever) is next Tuesday against the defending big school state champs, assuming the #$%*^#^%&*&^%ing snow ever stops. The team has some very good players, but the conference is absolutlely loaded with pitching (and hitting) and my guess is that dd's team will be a decided underdog in nearly every game. Only three pitchers in the program, one for each team (9th grade, jv, and varsity), and that makes me really nervous. Our best pitcher appears to be an 8th grader. She is very good for her age but I fear her lack of physical maturity will be a huge factor, especially in the later innings. 20 game schedule. and I understand that Vegas has set the over/under for our win total at 6 1/2.
I love rooting for the underdogs! Makes young teams hungry and scrappy!

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Figured I'd update you guys as we head out for an away game. We won our last 3 games and are now the first place team in our conference. We were supposed to play a double header last Saturday and we had the games cancelled because of snow and cold. We won our away game Monday 8-6. Then yesterday we won against the team that blew us out at their place last month. We won the first game 16-4 in 5 and the second game 14-2 behind some great pitching. Today we're playing the last place team in our division. So hoping all goes well.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Figured I'd update you guys as we head out for an away game. We won our last 3 games and are now the first place team in our conference. We were supposed to play a double header last Saturday and we had the games cancelled because of snow and cold. We won our away game Monday 8-6. Then yesterday we won against the team that blew us out at their place last month. We won the first game 16-4 in 5 and the second game 14-2 behind some great pitching. Today we're playing the last place team in our division. So hoping all goes well.

I'm sure the great pitching had nothing to do with the catcher behind the plate using proper and well honed receiving techniques:rolleyes:

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
We are sitting 15-14 on the year in a growing year for us. Even though DD is in 7th grade she has gotten some varsity experience and played in 7 or 8 games with two starts playing with them anytime the JV was off. She is sitting at 4-8 for the year and got to face her first DI committed pitcher last night. It ended in her first K after a foul tip but the pitcher probably had 15 strikeouts for the night. I was proud of the fact she had a little swag about her walking to the plate instead of having eyes the size of golf balls like her first varsity AB.

The JV wraps up next week. She will get to stay with the varsity to finish out the year primarily as a runner. Our HC does a good job of trying to get the younger girls an AB or an inning here and there and every time she touches the field will help her confidence.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Took our first district loss tonight, 3-0. Puts us in a tie for first, splitting the home and away. Really need to win out now as I expect them to do the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd