High School Softball Check in

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Yep...weathers been really bad around here also. Postponed every game we've played at least once and already canceled one non-conference game. The team is 1-2 so far which isn't bad for as many holes as the infield has. The OF is solid but slow so they really have to get a good jump on the ball which they usually do and the pitching is decent. The team should have played 8 games already and they have managed 3. They're supposed to play in a HS tournament this weekend but I don't see that happening since Saturday we're supposed to wake up to 1-3 inches of snow on the ground and a high of 28 degrees. Sundays' high isn't much better....32. We would have been better off playing the season in February. Except for one large snowfall, the weather was generally warmer and dry.

If you start a game- for instance, we played about 2/3's of the first inning and then had a major storm and it's been postponed- do you start where you left off?

Oct 10, 2011
Right now the team I play on is 9-3 which is good for first in our division and second in our conference. We have 8 games remaining in our season and then we move on to districts. In the preseason, I was told by my parents and heard on a local talk show that we were projected to go to states.

That's awesome! I hope you do!

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
If you start a game- for instance, we played about 2/3's of the first inning and then had a major storm and it's been postponed- do you start where you left off?

Per the NFHS rule set and assuming both that your HS is playing under it and your state has adopted all of the rules, your game has been suspended not post-poned. A suspended game restarts play where it left off. I'm not an umpire but I'm 98% sure this is correct.

Oct 10, 2011
Per the NFHS rule set and assuming both that your HS is playing under it and your state has adopted all of the rules, your game has been suspended not post-poned. A suspended game restarts play where it left off. I'm not an umpire but I'm 98% sure this is correct.
I believe they do, so that's good news as we were up 2-o against a decent team, even though it's still very early in the game.

Jun 11, 2012
Preseason went good until the 3rd scrimmage when DD pulled a muscle in her shoulder. she's back to doing some light throwing now with no pain and thankfully the first 2 actual games have been postponed until next week due to weather. She should be good to go by Tuesday which will make her coach very happy.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Just as I thought. The HS tournament was canceled for the weekend. A mixed blessing I guess. Too cold to watch or play but it's PT that the team sorely needs.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
6th district game tomorrow.

So far DD's HS team is 5-0 in district. 4 of the games were run rule shutouts and DD pitched 3 of those 4 shutouts as the #2 pitcher on the team.

Looking forward to tomorrow's game, but she probably won't be in the circle this time.

So far it's looking good for playoffs, but you never know with teenage girls!

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
DD's team is off to a great start! 18-2 overall and 9-0 in the district. MaxPreps has us ranked 4 in the state. Had two great wins this week, beating the other top three teams in our district (two perennial powerhouses) and going 4-0 on the week. Go Panthers!

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
It was senior night at the local HS that my DD will be at NEXT year... It was really well done, and even though they lost it was a great night.

Starting to sink in that ALL the pitching graduated... so next year it is going to likely be DD and her friend who will be getting ALL the innings as freshmen.

Oct 2, 2015
We still haven't played our first HS game. First game is next week.
Just made it out to practice on the fields this week.
Wind chills this week have been in the single digits at times, and we had a dusting of snow again last night.
The old white and blue Xeno is not leaving the bat bag until it's a balmy 55*F....:D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbcoach26