High-Five a base runner?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 11, 2013
Jackson, MS
Lined up? Have seen players do anything but line up. The PU has to move, twist and turn to see through the players gathering around the plate. How will the other umpires going to see anything when the umpire doing her/his best to in the best position?

Just what is the big deal about asking the players to wait until the runner scores before moving toward the plate?
yes, line up. you said "the umpire should not have to fight for position to observe the runners touching the plate". I just used your same tactics

it's called proper game management. an umpire with good game management skills makes this a non-issue by instructing the players to stay clear enough that he can see her touch the plate

back to the point of my original post to this thread. is it or is it not a rule, national federation, that a offensive player touches the batter runner before she reaches home plate to rule the batter runner out. further, this was the field umpire making the call against a teenage girl that hit a home run in a playoff game

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Maybe the umpires should do their job and control the game. I have seen more than a few umpires take charge and control this exact situation.

Jun 22, 2008
back to the point of my original post to this thread. is it or is it not a rule, national federation, that a offensive player touches the batter runner before she reaches home plate to rule the batter runner out. further, this was the field umpire making the call against a teenage girl that hit a home run in a playoff game

And answered clear back in post #9.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12