Here is my DD's latest swings entering Senior year

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

R

RayR

Meaning pull side?

Could mean a bunch of things, but mostly that she is sweeping (going out to in) her hands and barrel....and when her brain is telling her it is time to release the bat - the direction of her hands and the barrel at and through contact is headed left when it should be going straight....instant feedback...

When I have my dd throw the bat it always goes left. She is a RH hitter so what could be the reason(s) this happens?

R

RayR

the kid in white would be the model to use IMO about 2:00 min mark side by side with Gonzalez)- bottom hand looks much better then what the other players are doing....

Does Gonzalez'a know that his rear elbow gets ahead of his hands....I guess if Agon has bat drag he is able to overcome it....

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
The bottom hand has a ton to do with chicken wing and on the other end of the spectrum, extension (throwing top hand past the bottom)....

If your bottom hand is hammering in one plane - there is a limit to how far the wrist can uncock and the front elbow will never straighten.....if the bottom hand knows how to "roll" or "backhand" going into and through contact (uncocking in multiple planes) - you can adjust by lengthening or shortening the front arm as needed....the elbow can straighten and the front shoulder does not need to over rotate to get the barrel around...

Miggy_Hands.gif

Hi Ray...I've been taught to keep (bottom hand palm facing down-top hand palm facing up) as long as possible through contact. The reason/explanation being once you start to roll the wrists a lot of strength is lost, and the bat will deflect backwards resulting in power loss. Have I been misled? Could you (or anyone) expand on the uncocking of the wrists? Is this an element of the swing I'm totally missing?

rdbass...could you help with a gif or two that shows what the wrists should be doing through contact?

Thanks,

T

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Hi Ray...I've been taught to keep (bottom hand palm facing down-top hand palm facing up) as long as possible through contact. The reason/explanation being once you start to roll the wrists a lot of strength is lost, and the bat will deflect backwards resulting in power loss. Have I been misled? Could you (or anyone) expand on the uncocking of the wrists? Is this an element of the swing I'm totally missing?

rdbass...could you help with a gif or two that shows what the wrists should be doing through contact?

Thanks,

T

Yes, you have been misled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1