Help with swing, 15YO

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
I actually like this question. Suggests to me that you may be running some experiments.

One could of course ask you about the muscles in the elbow that make the hand move ..... but that would be silly.

I believe what you are asking is if it is the desire to slot the elbow that causes the hands to move, or the desire to use the hands that cause the elbows to slot. The answer is the hands ..... that is, it is the formation of the connection process to the hands that causes the slotting process.

Fiveframe, i am a hitter. always have been. a good one. I always try everything, ask my wife.lolo.

I am old now, 56. i can still hit, with more power now, than ever before, From the tips here, and bbd. coil, tip and rip, seperation.
You guys are awsome. Teaching how to hit, this i am only 3 years into it at this point. Still a newbie.

The muscles are in the forearm, but that is silly.

the hands are the boss. got it.

and,Fiveframe, i record every girls first time session, so please play fair.

Feb 16, 2010
Nashua, NH
DUMP is a word that has no place in a high level swing. I spent an hour hitting off a jug machine at about 30 feet tonight turned full speed, I could not tell you inside outside or high/low what the f I was doing...the only thought I could get and connect with the ball was "turn the barrel tight". I didn't think about coil, lower half, anything...just turn the barrel tight and hard with a good snf load....with me experimenting...do you need to think about separation and getting a lower half running start (me asking myself). I sure squared up with the ball, sending it to the back of the cage better then ever....and I have faced Darren Zack.View attachment 3269

feels SO much easier releasing a swing then it does muscling a swing.

Would you say being sudden is most valuable to a hitter? If not, what is?

R

RayR

Tonight using a modified SnF setup - myself and one of my hitters thought the ball took forever to get to the plate....like seeing a beachball being served up - as you know - my current swing thought is HPP...

DUMP is a word that has no place in a high level swing. I spent an hour hitting off a jugpu machine at about 30 feet tonight turned full speed, I could not tell you inside outside or high/low what the f I was doing...the only thought I could get and connect with the ball was "turn the barrel tight". I didn't think about coil, lower half, anything...just turn the barrel tight and hard with a good snf load....with me experimenting...do you need to think about separation and getting a lower half running start (me asking myself). I sure squared up with the ball, sending it to the back of the cage better then ever....and I have faced Darren Zack.View attachment 3269

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Fiveframe, i am a hitter. always have been. a good one. I always try everything, ask my wife.lolo.

I am old now, 56. i can still hit, with more power now, than ever before, From the tips here, and bbd. coil, tip and rip, seperation.
You guys are awsome. Teaching how to hit, this i am only 3 years into it at this point. Still a newbie.

Play fair? Absolutely. No reason not to.

The muscles in the forearms are used .... not silly at all.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009

Just my opinion...I have said it before and now say it again, power isn't sh.....it is adjustability... or for power hungry folks, sudden power

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
DUMP is a word that has no place in a high level swing. I spent an hour hitting off a jug machine at about 30 feet tonight turned full speed, I could not tell you inside outside or high/low what the f I was doing...the only thought I could get and connect with the ball was "turn the barrel tight". I didn't think about coil, lower half, anything...just turn the barrel tight and hard with a good snf load....with me experimenting...do you need to think about separation and getting a lower half running start (me asking myself). I sure squared up with the ball, sending it to the back of the cage better then ever....and I have faced Darren Zack.View attachment 3269

Very nice RHC. I enjoy descriptions like this.

I haven’t had my own hitting session for a few days. Last time in the cages my POE (Point-of-Emphasis) was on the 'lower back' and dealing with variable speed pitches.

I love handling speed. Me … I pick out a spot I plan to throw the ball to … that’s right, I’m not there to hit, I’m there to throw the ball, and my hands are the bat head. After I answer the question of "what is my target", I then tell myself repeatedly ..... “stay in the present”, “stay in the present”, “stay in the present” … gives me a “head buzz”, hard to describe, but it is a feel of a heightened sense of awareness. I know I’m committed to swinging, my swing will definitely be started, but I feel highly reactionary in terms of where I adjust to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom