Help with swing, 15YO

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

R

RayR

No, I said the wrists are released as the barrel is turned rearward....their is no holding going on except by the fingers holding the handle...

I never once said the barrel does not turn. I just said it is a no teach for me to turn it.
I also just dont just hold on and just turn the body

MTS said the wrists release as soon as the barrel drops, I disagree.
I just said I have the hitters turn the corner while the barrel drops before they release the wrists to impact.

SL

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Mann,
What you saw with someone else and their demo, I can't answer.

But I will answer your questions. If I can only ask one of you first to see if we're even looking at the same point in the swing.

When you say "only a pivot point out front" are you referring to when Albert hits the ball? When his right hand passes his left? Or somewhere else? Tell me where you see the pivot point sir.

I will post aclip of the HI demo, of swivel.

Yes i am talking about the wrist release at /towards /after contact, when the left hand gets past, by the right.

Mts, i mean Rayr, you are getting very predictable.

R

RayR

If you think there is forearm rotation occurring to turn the barrel - then how would the wrists stay in place? I don't know about anyone else but my wrist has to move as rotate my forearm...

R

RayR

OK - Mann - what am I going to do next?

Yes i am talking about the wrist release at /towards /after contact, when the left hand gets past, by the right.

Jul 20, 2010

That's what I thought. My pivot is higher up, before your pivot, earlier, by the shoulder.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
That's what I thought. My pivot is higher up, before your pivot, earlier, by the shoulder.

Pujolsforearm_zps1aad4537.gif

can you show me your pivot at the shoulder. wrist pivot right? not turning the barrel, by the elbow dropping?

To be clear, you say swivel the wrists, at the shoulder?

Is this what Makes the elbow drop?

I must post the teacherman swivel.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2012
Good clips.

You can't hit either one of these pitchers hard if you are turning the barrel and generating early bat speed.

If you're starting early, your only option is to slow your swing down.

Nonsense. Turning the barrel allows you to start the swing without committing.

Jan 13, 2012
Excellent rdbass. There is no swivel, at all. there is a pivot point, out front.

Pujols_Hands2.gif

You cannot develop the barrel path Pujols is exhibiting without swivel. The huge problem with high speed video is its lack of blur. You can make whatever conclusions you want to, because you don't see the giddyup. Watch video at all speeds, and then you tend to figure out what's going on... if you swing.

Jan 13, 2012
When I went to a Carrier/Bustos clinic the whip hit was not invented yet.
So I cant comment on how they demonstrated the hitting aid.

When my daughter use's the whip hit, her mechanics are the same as the Reverse hand drill. Its a lead arm drill/swing. Next time she comes back from college, I will video her using it.

I do know
They don't teach whip and bat speed out in front of the body

SL

I doubt anybody deliberately teaches pushing the bat. The issue is what they teach causes the pushing of the bat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan