Help with swing, 15YO

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Would you say being sudden is most valuable to a hitter? If not, what is?

IMO, most valuable is having the confidence, instilled from learning how to being sudden, to expect success in every at bat because there isn't a pitcher that you can't catch up to or adjust to.

R

RayR

It just felt with a good lower back stretch from the SnF setup that I could have waited forever...and when I started the swing it felt early but i was still able to hit up the middle and not pull everything...I guess the words of the day are "sudden" and "adjustable"

I definitely did NOT see any beach balls....but I used this vid as inspiration when taking a break.

Feb 16, 2010
Nashua, NH
It just felt with a good lower back stretch from the SnF setup that I could have waited forever...and when I started the swing it felt early but i was still able to hit up the middle and not pull everything...I guess the words of the day are "sudden" and "adjustable"

For you and Red:

Adjustable to what? Speed or location?

If speed, why be adjustable if you are sudden.. If you can swing "instantaneous"?

If location, how are you adjustable to location when being sudden. How are you being adjustable if you are waiting to be sudden?

If you are being sudden, what does it mean to be on time? What are you on time to? Wait, then swing suddenly to pitch speed and location?

Last edited:
R

RayR

It just felt with a good lower back stretch from the SnF setup that I could have waited forever...and when I started the swing it felt early but i was still able to hit up the middle and not pull everything

For you and Red:

If speed, why be adjustable if you are sudden.. If you can swing "instantaneous"?

If location, how are you adjustable to location when being sudden. How are you being adjustable if you are adjustable if you are waiting to be sudden?

If you are being sudden, what does it mean to be on time? What are you on time to? Wait, then swing suddenly to pitch speed and location?

Feb 16, 2010
Nashua, NH
It just felt with a good lower back stretch from the SnF setup that I could have waited forever...and when I started the swing it felt early but i was still able to hit up the middle and not pull everything

Care to answer any of the questions though?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
For you and Red:

If location, how are you adjustable to location when being sudden. How are you being adjustable if you are waiting to be sudden?

Maybe my usage of the word "adjustable" is not the best chosen word for the ability to get the longest possible look at a pitch...
So yes "wait", so to say, giving yourself some advantage to judge speed and location, then "suddenly" swing.

That is my answer to all 7 or 8 questions....if I missed the boat, oh well.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Maybe my usage of the word "adjustable" is not the best chosen word for the ability to get the longest possible look at a pitch...
So yes "wait", so to say, giving yourself some advantage to judge speed and location, then "suddenly" swing.

That is my answer to all 7 or 8 questions....if I missed the boat, oh well.

Actually not "oh well". If I missed the boat, tell me about the boat. I will gladly be wrong for some free info.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors